Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferry's Refuse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

• Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Once again goes to show the legal system is a mess.

Yet they will clamp down hard on TV licence dodgers, but hey, dump thousands of tons of waste illegally......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

And don't forget to pay the right VAT on garlic!!

This is a thundering disgrace to let this POS walk out of court after he basically gave it 2 fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

What does this fella need to do in order to get jail time?

Curl out a steamer in the middle of the courtroom?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

According to the Irish Sun newspaper our Jim was one of the two people arrested during the week and subsequently released.

The bit of the story about the €155,000 seized by CAB from his associate is a little vague. Is this old news I wonder or is this a reference to the other person arrested with him?

• Advertisement

He's been in court again and once more the judge (in his wisdom) has decided not to jail him (yet) for either contempt of court or on foot of the action brought by Donegal County Council. The mind boggles at the justice system in this country.

Jim Ferry in court be like...

giphy.gif

The bauld Jim has agreed (by court order) to have his finances examined forensically

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The saga of Jim trundles on. He's gotten permission for his own forensic accountant to examine his accounts. This could run longer than The Mousetrap.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/donegal-dumper-jim-ferry-ran-two-cash-accounts-court-told-1.3839181?mode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

Haven't we missed April fools? Dispicable.

<SNIP>

Mod note: The story linked to is ......"former waste collector Jim Ferry to stand in local election"
    If you can post a link to a different source would be appreciated as we dont allow any mention of or linking to that online "thing"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

kathleen37 wrote: »
    Haven't we missed April fools? Dispicable.

<SNIP>

hopefully no one votes for him but there s no such thing as bad publicity. id want to know why he thinks someone else should pay for his mess

So he owes the state a fortune, and now looks to be paid by the state?

Garnish his salary by ohh, I dunno, 100%?

He'd make a rubbish politician :pac:

Apologies for the limited amount of info in the following link but you have to be a paid subscriber to read the full article. According to the Irish Times he took a high court challenge against the Council's refusal to allow him to stand in the upcoming local elections and lost :)

I like the papers heading ... "Jim Ferry dumped out of Donegal county council elections" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

muffler wrote: »
    Apologies for the limited amount of info in the following link but you have to be a paid subscriber to read the full article. According to the Irish Times he took a high court challenge against the Council's refusal to allow him to stand in the upcoming local elections and lost :)

I like the papers heading ... "Jim Ferry dumped out of Donegal county council elections" :D

Proper order! If they’d now take the same action against a few of the other gangsters running for election...

Proper order! If they’d now take the same action against a few of the other gangsters running for election...
    There's only one man who could take out the bad guys :D

Chuck-Norris.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe that was Ferry's plan. Get rid of the trash and dump them in someone else's constituency.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,347 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm up here in North Donegal, and there's posters everywhere for John Seamais O Fearraigh, Sinn Féin.

Any relation, I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'm up here in North Donegal, and there's posters everywhere for John Seamais O Fearraigh, Sinn Féin.

Any relation, I wonder?

Not that i'm aware of but they're certainly not political bedfellows anyway which id imagine is more important, Sinn Fein has 4 Doherty's running in Donegal and a Doherty that's a TD and guess what none of them are related, Id be more concerned that there's posters for John Seamais in north Donegal when hes running in Glenties EA

• Registered Users Posts: 14,297 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

cosanostra wrote: »
    Not that i'm aware of but they're certainly not political bedfellows anyway which id imagine is more important, Sinn Fein has 4 Doherty's running in Donegal and a Doherty that's a TD and guess what none of them are related, Id be more concerned that there's posters for John Seamais in north Donegal when hes running in Glenties EA

Glenties EA stretches as far round the coast as creeslough!

http://www.donegalcoco.ie/services/registerofelectors/maps-electoraldivisions/

JSOF is from gweedore i think, an as far as i know, is of no close relation to the bauld bin lad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Jailed for 9 weeks according to the Irish Times

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    and he had the audacity to ask for money that was previously seized to be returned to him so that he could employ a forensic accountant :eek:

Link to story here

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Only for contempt.

Was he ever criminally charged with the illegal dumping? I can't remember but he should be doing time for that IMO.

I see that WERS Waste, the company who took over ferry's 2 companies, has now in turn been taken over.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

muffler wrote: »
    I see that WERS Waste, the company who took over ferry's 2 companies, has now in turn been taken over.

oh great just got wers trained to lift our bins hope thy keep the same drivers / payments etc

oh great just got wers trained to lift our bins hope thy keep the same drivers / payments etc
    Probably not guaranteed but in most situations like that the current employees would be retained.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 airdog

heard the crowd that bought wers has been bought by donegal waste

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Next thing you know, it'll turn out to be a shell company owned by Ferry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

airdog wrote:

Highly unlikely that a small private operator from Donegal bought out the largest waste company in Ireland.

• Advertisement

airdog wrote: »
    As posted previously they have been bought out by Ireland's LARGEST refuse firm

Advertisement