Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Window Pane replacement cost

• 05-02-2017 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

I live in a rented accommodation - we have double glazing windows. The inner Pane of one of these windows has cracked - was due to heat and the black out I had on it making it it so hot that it cracked (migraine sufferer, the light coming in was triggering it)

Roughly how much would it cost to repair? I certainly don't expect the landlord to pay :D it's just the inner Pane, the outer is perfect! It hasn't effected the house at all.

It's a small roof window - maybe 40cm wide by 80cm high.

Just want a ball park really as I don't want the landlord to take away all of my deposit over a small crack

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I live in a rented accommodation - we have double glazing windows. The inner Pane of one of these windows has cracked - was due to heat and the black out I had on it making it it so hot that it cracked (migraine sufferer, the light coming in was triggering it)

Roughly how much would it cost to repair? I certainly don't expect the landlord to pay :D it's just the inner Pane, the outer is perfect! It hasn't effected the house at all.

Just want a ball park really as I don't want the landlord to take away all of my deposit over a small crack

The 2 panes may have to be replaced. Especially if the are relatively modern double glazed argon filled gas inside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

kceire wrote: »
    The 2 panes may have to be replaced. Especially if the are relatively modern double glazed argon filled gas inside

I would say they're quite new, the landlord refurbished the house since last tenants, they're probably a few years old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

You say a small roof window would it be a velux roof window

Yes it is indeed a velux

Didn't even cop this.
    If it's a Velux window then you can buy glass replacement kits.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    Didn't even cop this.
    If it's a Velux window then you can buy glass replacement kits.

Oh really! That's interesting! Wonder where I could get them! Worst comes to worst I can let landlord know where it can be done and get them to take it off the deposit :pac:

Oh really! That's interesting! Wonder where I could get them! Worst comes to worst I can let landlord know where it can be done and get them to take it off the deposit :pac:

www.velux.ie

Also seen one for sale on adverts during the week but it would be hit and miss if it's the right size for your Velux as there's so many variants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36 SuomiJohn

I just looked up the velux website and there was a notice at the bottom which may be helpful to you.....

http://www.velux.ie/help-and-advice/product-pane-warning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

SuomiJohn wrote: »
    I just looked up the velux website and there was a notice at the bottom which may be helpful to you.....

Hopefully this works out for the op
    If carlsberg done construction forums eh?

SuomiJohn wrote: »

Thanks very much but it's wider that the size of the recall - it's for panes smaller than 39cm wide

• Advertisement
Advertisement