Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Gaming PC Build

Options
  • 05-02-2017 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭

1. What is your budget? €1,200 appro

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming : Battle over Stalingrad, High end flight sims, FPS and Multiplayer such as BattleField 1,

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Maybe

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? Not at the moment but will looking at buying two new monitors later in the year so the should support multi monitor output.

5a. 2-' +

5b. Currently a Single monitor 19' 1440x900

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Wireless card (would consider new mouse/keyboard but will use existing for the moment)

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Prefer not to will if I have to

8. How can you pay? Credit Card/Laser/Bank Transfer/Pay Pal etc

9. When are you purchasing? Ready to purchase now so I can purchase when a good system recommended

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Just outside Galway city

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

What am I doing wrong that I don't get any suggestions on my post ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

amen wrote: »
    What am I doing wrong that I don't get any suggestions on my post ?

Just busy ATM

Will try to get around to a suggestion later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

To be fair there seems to be only a couple of lads doing it and I'd imagine it's fairly time consuming , even more so now that there is so much choice . It's not just a case of ' ok, here we have our template for a €1200 gaming build ' . Maybe throw out some suggestions you have and see what you get back .

I'm definitely in the category of needing help but I'd imagine for your budget you you be looking at one of the new I7's , 7700 or 7700k but no need of the K variant if you are not overclocking, a 270 board Z or H or even B250 if I am correctly understanding the advice I am getting . Graphics card would take up half your budget if you go for top of the range NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 but if you went for a 1070 you would be in the €450 ish range . The AMD RX 480's go for about 250 and would do you for now and a bit into the future but you need to think about what you would want from your monitors , AMD support freesync and nvidia support G-sync which is more expensive .

In fairness the above is more rambling than advice but it might get you started on what to look at .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

i7 7700 €350
    8gb DDR4 €60
    500gb SSD €150
    2tb HDD €90
    RX480 €300
    Case €120
    500w PSU €70
    H270 board €100
    Total €1240

Get a smaller SSD or drop to a RX470 if you need to. 480 is above the resolution you're on ATM but will be better if you go higher Res

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I agree with Digital's build because games like BF1 and especially some of the flight sims are CPU killers. I'd probably go with 16GB 2400mhz DDR4 over 8GB, sacrifice some SSD or HDD space from the build above if needs be. Some of the estimates as well are on the higher end, if you don't need a really high-end case, that much storage space, or high quality PSU you can shave off €150-200 easily enough.

i7 7700 €350
    212 Cooler €30
    B250 €80
    16gb DDR4 €90
    240GB SSD €80
    1tb HDD €50
    RX480 8GB €280
    Case €80
    500w PSU €50

Total €1100-ish - just an example of how'd I'd probably balance it.

Spent a bit more and get yourself a nice 24" 1080p monitor I would say for €1300 all in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement