Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Merlin auction...photos, haul and (some) prices.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

goochy wrote: »
    Did anything sell ? Did 1996 rolls sell ? Been on donedeal for ages - once belonged to pino harris

The Cortina in the above post sold.

Did MrRolex of this parish not lay claim to owning the Rolls Royce?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Why even bother entering the Dino into an auction like this

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Started off with some silly high prices, but not for some cars! Raging I wasn't bidding. W123 230CE went for 1700-1800 iirc, and it was a very nice car. Would have liked that for myself :)

996 for 10,800 was very good value. Unless it needs an engine :p

Couldn't stay till the end, how much did the 504 make? That and the Simca 1501 were my favourite cars of the auction. The latter made 2200 which was a bit more than it was for sale for on donedeal a few months ago iirc. Still a bargain for a unique car.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pmg007

The cortina estate made 8700.

Did MrRolex of this parish not lay claim to owning the Rolls Royce?

That was the Bentley Turbo R. Nice car. It went for €10k. MrRolex was bragging he was sick of paying the €1809 motor tax on it. Well, surprise, surprise. Last time someone paid the tax on it was 4 years ago. NCT out years too.

• Advertisement

Damn the 230CE is NCTd till 10/17 too, someone got a bargain here. Auto too and the most reliable engine of them all. It had a high auction number (93 or something) but it came up early. I'd say a few people interested in it missed it. Buyer is a lucky man :)

unkel wrote: »
    Damn the 230CE is NCTd till 10/17 too, someone got a bargain here. Auto too and the most reliable engine of them all. It had a high auction number (93 or something) but it came up early. I'd say a few people interested in it missed it. Buyer is a lucky man :)

http://www.merlin.ie/cardetails#/?saleId=2898&pageSize=10&sortBy=make_asc&page=4&page=4&id=347707&pagesize=10&no=1&totalcount=70

Hmm, I wonder if the owner accepted the bid though? I've never seen velour interior in a w123 before.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Cell1010

The Landrover with the Wicklow reg is on donedeal for quite a while now if I'm not wrong... do you know if it was sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

unkel wrote: »
    Started off with some silly high prices, but not for some cars! Raging I wasn't bidding. W123 230CE went for 1700-1800 iirc, and it was a very nice car. Would have liked that for myself :)

996 for 10,800 was very good value. Unless it needs an engine :p

Couldn't stay till the end, how much did the 504 make? That and the Simca 1501 were my favourite cars of the auction. The latter made 2200 which was a bit more than it was for sale for on donedeal a few months ago iirc. Still a bargain for a unique car.

The 504 went for 2250. Was a lovely car alright.
    Mr Rolex's Bentley sure was a nice car alright.
    I stayed till the end and have most of the prices of anyone is looking for anything in particular.

Cell1010 wrote: »
    The Landrover with the Wicklow reg is on donedeal for quite a while now if I'm not wrong... do you know if it was sold?

I'd that 80WW331?
    If so it went for 2900 at the hammer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

I stayed till the end and have most of the prices of anyone is looking for anything in particular.

What were the bids on the green bj45 Landcruiser pickup?

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

Could I please get the figures for this Fiesta if you have them to hand? Also I'm sure a few would appreciate getting a low down on the Fuego! :D

IMG_3655_zpsdcafxvum.jpg

80sDiesel wrote: »
    What were the bids on the green bj45 Landcruiser pickup?

It went to 11500.

Fuego was 7400.
    Fiesta was 700.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Cell1010

Wow that was a bargain...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

I'm going to guess the 105 gtv didn't sell?

I'm going to guess the 105 gtv didn't sell?

Bidding went to 20k.

Cadillac was 17200.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Bidding went to 20k.

About right for one I believe
    30K is a lot for one in this country, unless it was unbelievably minty.

• Advertisement

Seems there was quite a few quid there today so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

And the white 84 toyota bj42 ?

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

80sDiesel wrote: »
    And the white 84 toyota bj42 ?

21k.

Seems there was quite a few quid there today so.

Yeah don't think there was anything wasn't a bid on anyhow. Not sure what was sold out not though there was no mention of they were sold or met reserve just people saying they didn't sell.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Well the Fuego was well out of my budget :pac:

Was a nice car though.

I wasn't expecting the Fuego to make quite that much TBH.

The two nicest cars in the auction (imho obviously) going for just over 2 grand each. Wow! If only I had a huge heated garage. Or any garage :(

I wasn't expecting the Fuego to make quite that much TBH.

Very rare turbo model, RHD, outside was near mint. Will probably go straight back into storage or hopefully on display somewhere. Not my kinda car, a museum queen. Although I admit, I wasn't expecting it to make quite that much either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Would look well beside the 924, they have a passing resemblance.

Kind of like the latest Renaultncoupe and an Aston Martin. There are a few styling cues borrowed by Renault.

There's a black Renault Laguna coupe that lives near me that a passing glance makes it look like an Aston. I couldn't find a picture that shows it but I stumbled across this so I am not on my own thinking it!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/motoring/car-reviews/sleek-renault-laguna-coupe-looks-360566

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 clement

Would anybody know what the grey mini went for.

Advertisement