Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atheist godfather to niece for communion and confirmation.

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,648 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

My mistake-now that's something you don't hear too often round here.

Well I certainly don't recall ever hearing it from yourself before, despite all of the erroneous and duplicitous posts you've made here. A welcome development :)

Just curious as to why he went to the bother of informing us that he has become an atheist, loathes religion, and would have a problem blessing himself if his participation was all down to the schedule of the 46A or whatever.

I don't know, some people are contrary or just like posting whether they've got anything worthwhile to say or not :)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Just curious as to why he went to the bother of informing us that he has become an atheist, loathes religion, and would have a problem blessing himself if his participation was all down to the schedule of the 46A or whatever.

While taking the last 46a home on occasion could lead one to believe it is a divinely inspired route, seeking to unravel the mystery of omnipresence, there are in fact some places it doesn't actually visit. The Catholic church should really consider abandoning our schools and hospitals and focus full time on CIE :p

I don't know, some people are contrary or just like posting whether they've got anything worthwhile to say or not :)

Ain't that the truth!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

My mistake-now that's something you don't hear too often round here. [...]
    Sure.
    Ain't that the truth!
    If the above silly one-liners are the best you can produce - and your posting history here on A+A suggests they may well be - then you might want to consider posting elsewhere if you'd like to avoid a flyswat from your local, friendly moderators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Worztron

So you turned down the invite to be her godfather on the basis of having to 'get multiple buses home' ?

No, I am still her godfather as they see it. I was at the christening. They did not mind in the end. There were more reasons (that I don't wish to go into) than just multiple buses home.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

You're way over simplifying it.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Worztron wrote: »
    You're way over simplifying it.

Have a read of his post and please tell me where I 'over simplified' ?

Have a read of his post and please tell me where I 'over simplified' ?

"participation was all down to the schedule of the 46A or whatever"

Advertisement