Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary medical cert help

• 05-02-2017 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi, hoping I can get some information about this issue. I suffer with fibromyalgia and neurofibromatosis type 1 as does my 14 yo son(nf1) has a visual impairment due to optic glioma,

I'm finding it very difficult to get around walking,driving with chronic pain, also my son uses a wheelchair from time to time due to nerve pain.

Would my son or myself be entitled to a primary medical cert?? Any information would be appreciated thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭mickmac76

If your son uses a wheelchair then you're in with an excellent chance. Just fill in the one page application form and submit it. You should get an appointment in a few weeks time. Emphasize to the doctor that you need the wheelchair for getting about. Even if the wheelchair isn't used at all times you should stress that you always bring it in the car just in case. Once I said at my meeting that my consultant had informed me that I would soon need an electric wheelchair that was pretty much it the doctor made up his mind. With an electric wheelchair a modified car is neeeded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Fran76

Thank you for that information, I will get on it tomorrow. Do you know where I can fill on the online form?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭mickmac76

Hi Fran
    I don't think the form is available online. They can be got at your nearest primary health centre or maybe check with your GPs office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Fran76

Thanks, really appreciate the information.

Advertisement