Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smartwatch

Options
  • 05-02-2017 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend a smartwatch under 200?

It is for the ol man - want something that tracks his movements, heartbeat, etc.

Can I get one where he can read his text messages?? He has an iPhone but I can't afford Apple Watch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

I recently got myself a Garmin Vivoactive HR about a month ago. Cost £175 from Slane cycles in Belfast. It tracks Heart-rate, steps, stairs climbed, a whole list of activities including: walking, running, swimming, cycling, treadmill, golf, cycle trainers, weights and a load more

It's compatible with ANT+ sensors so you can link it with speed/cadence sensors attached to your bike or chest heart-rate strap for more accurate heart rate during exercise and syncs via bluetooth to your phone. It also has built in GPS (and GLONASS, the Russian equivalent of GPS) so you can map your activities.

It also gives you notifications when you have incoming calls / messages / emails (you can read all of the text in messages and emails) and it will allow you to control your music player app too.

http://www.stuff.tv/garmin/vivoactive-hr/review

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Sound - looks nice too.

Advertisement