Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to find an accomodation?

Options
  • 05-02-2017 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

I might be moving to Dublin for work and I'm wondering how long it would take to find a suitable houseshare around €600 . I keep hearing about the rental crisis but don't know if it's just an exaggeration.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Where abouts in Dublin are you looking to live?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭doc11

Anywhere commutable to city centre-ish

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Depending on what you want, you could find something tomorrow or it could take a month!

House shares are more available than full houses.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

doc11 wrote: »
    Anywhere commutable to city centre-ish

Then 600 a month for a house share is definitely do-able. I've lived in and looked at places around that price in the Drumcondra/Glasnevin/Whitehall area. You might have to be a bit patient, you might end up viewing places that turn out to be dumps but there are nice places available for that money. It's a lot easier to find somewhere if you live here or close enough that you can easily make it to viewings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

There's an awful lot of messing about done by both tenants and landlords. If you like the place and are ready to go you'll find somewhere in a few days. If you want to view a load of places and get back to people expect a lot of places to be gone by the time you do.

Look North along the DART line. Raheny/Kilbarrack/Baldoyle you'll find some very nice places. A bit closer in or further out (on the DART) will probably be outside budget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Look North along the DART line. Raheny/Kilbarrack/Baldoyle you'll find some very nice places. A bit closer in or further out (on the DART) will probably be outside budget.

There's 2 Luas lines to look along also. Apparently a lot of the Red line problems have been sorted. If the OP is willing to cycle than most of Dublin is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Del2005 wrote: »
    There's 2 Luas lines to look along also. Apparently a lot of the Red line problems have been sorted. If the OP is willing to cycle than most of Dublin is available.

But the georgous Principality of Kilbarrack AKA South Sutton is not along the luas so I don't get your point? :pac:

Edited to acknowledge the very polite 'notice' to stop messing and just to say I've never lived along the luas lines so can't comment on those (unless you count living in town). I do enjoy, very much, living out by the coast and St Anne's park, and some of the reputaions of certain areas mean you can get a bit of a bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

But the georgous Principality of Kilbarrack AKA South Sutton is not along the luas so I don't get your point? :pac:

Ahem?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Edited to acknowledge the very polite 'notice' to stop messing and just to say I've never lived along the luas lines so can't comment on those (unless you count living in town). I do enjoy, very much, living out by the coast and St Anne's park, and some of the reputaions of certain areas mean you can get a bit of a bargain.

No point in limiting the search to beside the Dart when there are 2 Luas lines with easy commutes into town.

Advertisement