Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

returning unused wooden flooring

Options
  • 05-02-2017 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone!
    Apologies if this is the wrong section to post in.....
    I got a semi solid engineered wood floor laid over the weekend. I have 3 unopened packs left, one of which i plan to keep should I ever need a replace a board or two.
    I'd like to return the 2 unopened packs to the shop, particularly as it's close to €500 worth of flooring. do you think I'd have much luck?
    If it means anything the shop had measured the floor area and i went with their recommendation of boxes required.I understand they'd overestimate to allow for cutting etc . but surely not three boxes!
    Advice is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Try contacting the shop...?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi everyone!
    Apologies if this is the wrong section to post in.....
    I got a semi solid engineered wood floor laid over the weekend. I have 3 unopened packs left, one of which i plan to keep should I ever need a replace a board or two.
    I'd like to return the 2 unopened packs to the shop, particularly as it's close to €500 worth of flooring. do you think I'd have much luck?
    If it means anything the shop had measured the floor area and i went with their recommendation of boxes required.I understand they'd overestimate to allow for cutting etc . but surely not three boxes!
    Advice is greatly appreciated!

Depends on the shop. Some will take it back if they measured the room themselves and fitted the floors.

If you provided the measurements then it's 50/50. They may take them back and just charge a small re-stocking fee.

Otherwise, would there be enough to do another small room in the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

If it's a stock item, or something they sell a lot of, my local shop would definitely take it back. I would have thought a lot of shops will. But a quick call in the morning should solve your query

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Mod: Thread moved to consumer issues. Please note their charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

My first port of call would be to contact the shop. Hopefully, they'll be happy to take it back, especially if the amount purchased was based on their recommendation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Do you not have to work out of multiple boxes to get the grain right?

Did you have any luck contacting the shop?

Advertisement