Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accounting technician full or part time?

• 05-02-2017 10:58pm

I am wondering if anyone can advise me regarding studying to become an accounting technician? Would it be better to do the full time or part time course? My concern is that if I do the part time course I would end up doing a lot of study in the evenings so am wondering is more of the syllabus covered in the full time course? I did the IPASS payroll technician part time last year and found I spent a lot of the time going over stuff to figure it out as the lecturer rushed through it to get the work done.Also just wondering how many hours a week is the full time course?many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NoreenB

If you're worried about studying in the evenings I wouldn't recommend doing the accounting technicians course at all. You HAVE to put in study regardless of if you do it full time or part time.

Also the pass rate for evening students is higher than day time (full time) students so I'd recommend doing the part time course. I have a friend who did the full time course and said it was a waste of his time,hours spent doing in class tests,discussing topics that didnt need such discussions. Basically trying to waste time until the bell went.

Thanks Noreen for your reply!My friend did the course a few years ago so am aware there's a lot of study to be put in. The local mtslb does the course where I live and the hours are 8.30 to 4 pm 4 days a week with a half day on Friday which is a lot if theres still plenty of study to be done in between that. So I think the part time is a better option as long as I organise myself. Many thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

Hi
    I am currently doing it full time and between the study and the time given in class to study i dont need to do any study at home at the minute because i dont have the time, Last year the most of my class in year 1 got ranked within the first 20. I think full time is the way to go..but thats just my personal opinion

Hi
    I am currently doing it full time and between the study and the time given in class to study i dont need to do any study at home at the minute because i dont have the time, Last year the most of my class in year 1 got ranked within the first 20. I think full time is the way to go..but thats just my personal opinion

Thanks for your reply..will certainly look into that option but I think I have some work coming my way so I may have to go for the part time option.Best of luck with your own studies!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭EmmaC88

I'm in 2nd year of this course & I do it part - time. It can be a bit time consuming but its manageable. Around the exam time can get stressful studying but could just be me. ;)

• Advertisement

Hi

Are you in 2nd year? How u finding it? Can't wait to get Sage out of the way I'm a bit nervous about it, feel like I'm forgotten about the other 3 subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

EmmaC88 wrote: »
    Are you in 2nd year? How u finding it? Can't wait to get Sage out of the way I'm a bit nervous about it, feel like I'm forgotten about the other 3 subjects.

I just cant wait for it all to be over now!! yes, cant wait for IAS exam to be over. I feel like i am going over questions and not remembering some of it..hopefully it will just be a case of repeating the questions and becoming familiar with it! how are you finding it?

I just cant wait for it all to be over now!! yes, cant wait for IAS exam to be over. I feel like i am going over questions and not remembering some of it..hopefully it will just be a case of repeating the questions and becoming familiar with it! how are you finding it?

Ya I am the same. Going to spend all this weekend on it & hopefully I'll remember how to do most things. The micro pay bit I am finding difficult trying to work it out. I don't think payroll is my thing anyway. :) I'm hoping if I know how to do everything in the 3 sample papers I have to be ok, what else different can they throw in to it?

I need to start studying the other 3 subjects, especially financial accounting there is a lot of theory in it this year. Can't wait to be finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Moi2015

Hi guys....off topic sorry...but is there anyone here giving financial accounting & tax grinds.?
    1st year ATI and a month till exams....part time student...have found it overwhelming regards time for studying and could really do with the help asap.

Thank you☺

Moi2015 wrote: »
    Hi guys....off topic sorry...but is there anyone here giving financial accounting & tax grinds.?
    1st year ATI and a month till exams....part time student...have found it overwhelming regards time for studying and could really do with the help asap.

Thank you☺

Hi, I was just like you last year panicked this time as well too. I found if I just kept doing previous past papers for accounting it sinks in a bit. With tax just keep to sample papers & do questions at the back of the book. If you keep at it you should be fine. :) Are u doing it online or going to classes?

• Advertisement

EmmaC88 wrote: »
    Hi, I was just like you last year panicked this time as well too. I found if I just kept doing previous past papers for accounting it sinks in a bit. With tax just keep to sample papers & do questions at the back of the book. If you keep at it you should be fine. :) Are u doing it online or going to classes?

Hi EmmaC88

I'm doing it part time in class. I work full time and go twice a week after work at night. It's just been very difficult to manage with work and horse and kids on my ownðŸ˜.
    I'll take your advice and start getting stuck into the past papers! Hopefully it will sink in🙈

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement!!

☺Fingers crossed lol

Hi EmmaC88

I'm doing it part time in class. I work full time and go twice a week after work at night. It's just been very difficult to manage with work and horse and kids on my own.
    I'll take your advice and start getting stuck into the past papers! Hopefully it will sink IN

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement!!

Fingers crossed lol

How are you getting on study wise?

Hi Emma

Unfortunately I'm more panicked. I've had some personal matters to deal with re family etc and that has me completely distracted and I'm now a nervous stressed out wreck

Hi Emma

Unfortunately I'm more panicked. I've had some personal matters to deal with re family etc and that has me completely distracted and im now a nervous stressed out wreck

I know lol I feel the same.. I can't believe how fast this year has gone. I'm still trying to do exam papers but nothing seems to be sticking, hopefully it will all come together for us.

Advertisement