Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Touch pay - charged twice by cinema

• 05-02-2017 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Logged into my account tonight to find that a double payment went through my card on Friday night. 

Went to the cinema on Friday night and paid using touch pay. And they put the same amount through twice (€26.30).

Who do I take this up with?

Cheers 
    Quad 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

quad_red wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Logged into my account tonight to find that a double payment went through my card on Friday night. 

Went to the cinema on Friday night and paid using touch pay. And they put the same amount through twice (€26.30).

Who do I take this up with?

Cheers 
    Quad 
    Hi quad_red,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

If you see the debit leaving your account twice this may be what we call Shadow Posting.

This can occur if a card payment is cancelled or voided at a point of sale (POS – Transaction with your Visa Debit card in-store, over the phone, or online) after we have authorised it. This can also occur if the retailer requests that you enter your PIN a second time. It can take up to five working days to correct on the system and be removed from your account.

If after 5 working days the money still shows as a debit on your account you would need to contact the Cinema directly to request a refund of second payment.

Thanks,

Tara C

Advertisement