Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landscaping prices

Options
  • 06-02-2017 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if any one knows roughly what landscapers charge for garden maintenance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cupan_tae

Where abouts in the country are you ? Is it recurring maintenance or one off project type work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hunter333

Its in mayo. It be a day every so often or couple of hours every so often

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭cupan_tae

I'm not too sure for that area etc. hopefully there's someone on here that could guide you.

Just a thought - you or someone could call around to different landscapers and give a rough outline of the work and ask. For an approx expected price ! Might give you an idea at least....

Hunter333 wrote: »
    Its in mayo. It be a day every so often or couple of hours every so often

You are trying to figure out how much you should price to maintain this garden? I'll help you. I maintain gardens in mayo. When I started out a few leds helped me on boards through pm.

This is the way I came up with a price per hour. I listed all my costs .
    Equipment (I do lawns, hedges, weeding, planting, leaf removal all general work) I bought 2 push mowers strimmer, leaf blower, long reach hedge cutter, I have various hand tools petrol cans and tools to maintain my equipment like an air compressor and bench grinder etc.
    The way I came up with a yearly cost for equipment is I replace the machinery every year or two and the cost is the new price minus what I can get second hand. Look on done deal

Van. Diesel, maintenance, not, tax, insurance etc plus a sum I save every year to replace van.

Petrol costs for machinery.

Insurance. Public liability and if you damage someone's property. (I broke a huge window once from a stone flying while strimming)

Maintenance of equipment. I do most of this my self but you may need to get a dealee to do it. And parts still cost money.

After getting a cost per year I added that to what I want to make a year and divided it by the number of hours I work. Be modest about what you want to make.

Factor in travel time when estimating how long a job will take.

December and January are quiet in this game.

Sorry this is a messy post. I'm on the phone. Ask questions if you want. Gotta go for now

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hunter333

Thanks for all that wouldn't have came up with a lot of that. I have a diploma in horticulture and worked with landscaper for last 10 years and have most of my own equipment. Also of work insurance. Starting up my own business now and have priced few maintaince jobs. Charging €20 a hour is that to much? Couple of potential clients couldn't believe how expensive it was. Thanks

• Advertisement

Hunter333 wrote: »
    Thanks for all that wouldn't have came up with a lot of that. I have a diploma in horticulture and worked with landscaper for last 10 years and have most of my own equipment. Also of work insurance. Starting up my own business now and have priced few maintaince jobs. Charging €20 a hour is that to much? Couple of potential clients couldn't believe how expensive it was. Thanks

Not expensive imo. Say you take out 10 weeks in the year for being quiet in January and december, bad weather,a week's holidays etc. and get enough work to work 40 hrs/week for 42 weeks. Thats 33600. I know you have little costs now.but when you get to that stage where you have work ahead of you all the time you will easily have 8000 in expenses. That's 25000 a year or 480 a week before tax.

10 Euro an hour gives you €169 a week and €15 an hour gives you 330 a week on those figures.

On a side note I never give an hourly rate to customers. Look at a job think of the number of hours and give the price.

Advertisement