Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity College Park Summer Series, July 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

MCD copying Aiken's Iveagh gardens concerts. I presume that these will be held in the courtyard and not on the cricket ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Fascinating.

Safely write this bunch off for the Picnic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

The summer outdoor gig saturation taken to new levels. If we add this to Iveagh, Marlay and Kilmainham, it's too much.
    Unless they are using Trinity instead of Marlay

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'd like to know the capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

5K afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I'd imagine that they are not using Marlay Park this summer. I wonder where longitude will end up

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭windowcleaner

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Seems a high price for those acts involved.
    TCD must be out to make a nice cut too.

Still, nice location and very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Yeah, knock a tenner off and I might go but that's too much for most of those acts bar maybe pixies and bellies who I've seen many times anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I would suggest this puts Longitude '17 in doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Wooderson wrote: »
    I would suggest this puts Longitude '17 in doubt.
    It's usually around 15th to 20th of July, so very close to it all right. And no announcement yet for Longitude.
    I'd say more ca$h to be made from these individual gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

With MCD announcing Kings of Leon in the 3 arena and this announcement I agree that it looks like there's no marlay gigs this year at all. This year licensing and dealing with resident committees obviously wasn't worth it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

The summer outdoor gig saturation taken to new levels. If we add this to Iveagh, Marlay and Kilmainham, it's too much.
    Unless they are using Trinity instead of Marlay
    Don't forget Malahide too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Looking forward to seeing Alt-j in this

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

If the capacity is 5000, is it likely that Pixies will sell out fairly quickly? Was hoping not to use my credit card this month!

BPKS wrote: »
    If the capacity is 5000, is it likely that Pixies will sell out fairly quickly? Was hoping not to use my credit card this month!

They played the Iveagh last year which is same capacity, there was plenty of tickets available the week of the gig on social media etc, not sure if it was a sellout but i'd not rush to buy myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

I picked up a ticket for €25 for the Pixies from a Tout about an hour before the Pixies took to the stage. Seemed like there was plenty of them available. And they were about €40 for that gig (I think). You just never know in Ireland. People were giving away tickets for free outside the Olympia for Primal Scream.

I picked up a ticket for €25 for the Pixies from a Tout about an hour before the Pixies took to the stage. Seemed like there was plenty of them available. And they were about €40 for that gig (I think). You just never know in Ireland. People were giving away tickets for free outside the Olympia for Primal Scream.

We gave away a Wilco ticket at the iveagh last summer.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Frightened Rabbit announced as support for Bell X1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Got my tickets for the Pixies there. Just found out about this last night so nice to have something to look forward to.

• Advertisement

All Tvvins supporting James Vincent McMorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Bump, are these all sold out?

Tried to buy Alt J tickets and then Bell Xi but both are returning the message "Tickets not currently available from Ticketmaster".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Bump, are these all sold out?

Tried to buy Alt J tickets and then Bell Xi but both are returning the message "Tickets not currently available from Ticketmaster".

Tickets are still on sale. TM were probably doing site maintenance when you went to buy tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Some good names coming up for this.

What venue will they be playing in? What kind of capacity?

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2017/02/06/all-eyes-on-trinity-in-july/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Some good names coming up for this.

What venue will they be playing in? What kind of capacity?

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2017/02/06/all-eyes-on-trinity-in-july/

How do you know this is going ahead I thought the whole thing was cancelled.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

How do you know this is going ahead I thought the whole thing was cancelled.

Where did you hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Where did you hear that?

Sorry it seems a few of my mates was winding me up, so I'm left looking a plonker now.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Sorry it seems a few of my mates was winding me up, so I'm left looking a plonker now.

Haha, the brats!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Ha ha, hate that.

Been advertised a lot. Reading that they are outdoor gigs but wondering if it's a tent on the grounds or what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Anyone know any more info about these?Going to The Pixies on Sun 9th so just wondering if its outdoor or in big tent?Capacity?Bars on site?

Advertisement