Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity College Park Summer Series, July 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

What's the story with these gigs, is the seating a free-for-all on entry or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

The gigs are GA standing no seats

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Going to the concert on Sunday. Anyone know any of the details? Stage times etc.

Pixies show?

Doors 7:00
    Support Fangclub 7:45 - 8:15 ish
    Pixies 8:45 ish

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Curious as to where in Trinity it is and the likes, I presume it's on the cricket pitch?

And if it's on the cricket pitch, the ground could possibly be completely covered. Trying to work out whether I can go from work or need to get changed first! Hopefully pics should start to surface in the next 24 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Saw them setting it up this morning

It is indeed on the cricket pitch. The stage is beside the railings along Nassau Street (when you're looking at the stage you'll be looking directly towards Nassau St).

They have mats down on the grass aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Curious as to where in Trinity it is and the likes, I presume it's on the cricket pitch?

And if it's on the cricket pitch, the ground could possibly be completely covered. Trying to work out whether I can go from work or need to get changed first! Hopefully pics should start to surface in the next 24 hours.

Took a wander down today to have a nose. It only covers part of the cricket pitch, where the soccer pitch is normally set up, if you're familiar with that.

Ground is completely covered with hard plastic boards, then there are tents up around the perimeter for bars, with a worryingly low number of portaloos...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,005 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Going to Bell x 1 Saturday night, looking forward to it. Strange one being on in trinity hopefully it works out.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Anyone got stage times for All Tvvins tomorrow night? Tried to google with no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Going to Bell x 1 Saturday night, looking forward to it. Strange one being on in trinity hopefully it works out.

Me too
    Bellx1 posted a photo of it being set up on Social Media yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yarghhh

To answer the bar question; Looks like the Pav is going to be fenced off. The concert bar is behind the Berkeley library.

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

DD-pv46UMAUKc8-.jpg:small

Are these gigs relatively small and low key then?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it is supposed to be a capacity of 5000 but looking at it in the flesh it looks very small and cramped and I can't see that many fitting in comfortably

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Alt J seems to be the only one sold out so far

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ozbackineire

The site looks very very small, only covering what looks like the size of a soccer pitch with the stage up against the railings on Nassau Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Any decent spots nearby where one might enjoy the music with a bag of cans?

Student or Staff, the pavilion is still open to them. They are also allowed two guests but you cant see the stage.

With no ticket? Good luck, unless you get a good vantage point from some building outside of trinity which I would think is impossible..nah

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It looks fairly tiny alright, hoping there's plenty of space as I can't be arsed being crammed in. Heading to Bell x1 on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Skerries wrote: »
    it is supposed to be a capacity of 5000 but looking at it in the flesh it looks very small and cramped and I can't see that many fitting in comfortably
    Looks similar to Iveagh gardens layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

No queuing before gates opening
    6th July: Gregory Porter
    7th July: James Vincent McMorrow
    8th July: Bell X1
    9th July: Pixies
    10th July: Two Door Cinema Club
    11th July: Alt-J
    Gates open at 7pm
    *All Times are subject to change*
    Trinity College is at the heart of Dublin City Centre, located at College Green.
    Please Enter Trinity College Park via Lincoln Gate and Science Gallery Gate. There is no access via Front Archway or Nassau Street.
    Due to increased security measures, Patrons are advised to be at the grounds as close to 7pm as possible.
    No Backpacks / Large Hanbags
    Searching is a condition of entry to protect your safety and that of others. Due to increased security measures, we strongly advise you allow sufficient time to get through security checks to gain entry to the venue in a safe and timely manner. To ensure as smooth an access as possible and to avoid any unnecessary delays we strongly suggest that you bring as little as possible with you to the event and minimize jackets and additional layers when possible. To avoid disappointment do not bring backpacks or larger handbags, you may be refused admission to the venue without a refund.
    We recommend if you are bringing personal bag, purses or clutch bag, you should only bring those of smaller sizes i.e. those measuring 4.5in/11.4cm x 6.5in/16.51cm or smaller will be allowed. We will also conduct additional further security searches of clothing, bags and other items, as determined by us in our reasonable discretion, including on entry and exit.
    There will be no cloakroom or storage facilities on site. bags must not be left at entrances or surrounding areas. any items left will be removed and disposed of accordingly. local, independently-operated bag drop/locker storage facilities available include Extreme Ireland
Tourism Office (37 college green) & Ned Kelly’s (O' Connell street upper).

Where's the Lincoln Gate and Science Gallery Gate?

• Advertisement

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Where's the Lincoln Gate and Science Gallery Gate?

Lincoln Gate is blue, Science Gallery is red

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Is this a marque or a open air concert?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Is this a marque or a open air concert?

Open Air

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Stage times?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

leakyboots wrote: »
    Stage times?

8 support. Main 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Presume this is a similar setup to Iveagh with bars and all?

Amirani wrote: »
    8 support. Main 9.

generally true but note Pixies are earlier
    7:45 - 8;15 Fangclub
    8:45 pm Pixies

• Registered Users Posts: 18,005 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any word on how last night went?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Does anyone know what time the support act came on also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭IBrows89

Last night was very good, really liked the venue but that could have been that it wasn't the busiest. I can see nearly all the other acts having a bigger and younger crowd. We had good weather as well, it's all very open so if it rains I can't see it being too much fun.

Really enjoyed it though and thought it suited Gregory Porter perfectly.

Support acts came on about half 7/quarter to 8 I think.

Advertisement