Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity College Park Summer Series, July 2017

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time the support act came on also?

STAGE TIMES for the #SummerSeries tonight!
    Gates: 7pm @alltvvins: 8pm @jamesvmcmorrow: 9pm
    https://t.co/zlstfQSybk https://t.co/ooLI2aFwtY

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

Anyone know what the curfew for these is? Heading to JVM tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

beecee wrote: »
    Anyone know what the curfew for these is? Heading to JVM tonight.

10:30

• Registered Users Posts: 18,005 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Great evening for it anyway

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

Maybe there's an encore coming. You have to shout "MOOOOOOOOORE" really loud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Pixies were great tonight though didnt say a SINGLE word to the crowd. Was at the side then got into the action the moshpit in the middle. Got battered and battered few myself and was great craic friendly but mad moshpit. Forgot how much fun it cpuld be getting sore!.

Only disappointment was played nothing off Bossanova. The most misunderstood but my fave and most artistically adventerous and unique Pixies album.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Pixies were great tonight though didnt say a SINGLE word to the crowd.

That's the way I usually like it. Gives more time to concentrate on playing music.

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Bell X1 was decent but not worth the ticket price.

Also walking off 20 minutes before it was due to end just so you can get called back on is a bit needy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,315 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Probably the worst Pixies gig I've been at, but even at that, still a decent show.

Their timing was off in a number of songs, Lovering especially missing out and Lachantin was off key very clearly in some areas, but her bass playing was tight enough.

Overall, a good mix of songs from their albums, so it wasn't just everything off of 'Head Carrier'.

Trinity was pretty sparse too, crowd wise. I'm not sure if it sold out? Or maybe they just had really limited tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Hi all,

What's the suss on Trinity as a venue so far? Going to 2DCC tonight......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

awec wrote: »
    Bell X1 was decent but not worth the ticket price.

Also walking off 20 minutes before it was due to end just so you can get called back on is a bit needy

Dont the majority of bands do that tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Tony EH wrote: »
    Probably the worst Pixies gig I've been at, but even at that, still a decent show.

Their timing was off in a number of songs, Lovering especially missing out and Lachantin was off key very clearly in some areas, but her bass playing was tight enough.

Overall, a good mix of songs from their albums, so it wasn't just everything off of 'Head Carrier'.

Trinity was pretty sparse too, crowd wise. I'm not sure if it sold out? Or maybe they just had really limited tickets.

I thought they were class, i was near enough to the stage to witness the off time bits and it was more to do with stage/monitor sound. One of best times i've seen them. Lovering is a beast.

kg703 wrote: »
    Hi all,

What's the suss on Trinity as a venue so far? Going to 2DCC tonight......

It's OK. I thought they'd use more of the area though. Sound wasn't bad, but net great either. You're surrounded by booze and food tents.

I prefer an indoors gig myself. The rain held off last night. Not so sure about tonight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Well I was standing very close to the stage to the left and and noticed they weren't pitch perfect in some areas but then moved to the centre and the 'moshpit' area and it was amazing, smashing around everyone laughing sweat everywhere much better fun then just stadning there listening. Plus I was stone cold sober so gigs are what you make of them!
    Yes it was sold out. Tickets were easy enough to come by online but it was a sell out.

Pixies were at their best in the Olympia few years ago me thinks but for craic in the crowd lastnight was up there.

Kudos to the fat sweaty lad giving it socks bashing around, all good fun and good spirits and certainly made the gig for me. Having said that few sore spots today!.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Just for the record, Pixies was sold out, 5000 cap, so hardly sparse

I thought they were class, i was near enough to the stage to witness the off time bits and it was more to do with stage/monitor sound. One of best times i've seen them. Lovering is a beast.

He sure is. Not bad for a 55 yr old bloke :pac:

The thing with the Pixies is they always come on an lash though a bunch of songs then bugger off, which is grand and it hasn't changed since I first saw them in 1990. But last night there were definite areas where they lost control of the song unfortunately.

Now, I generally like a few screw ups here and there live. That's what makes it live, otherwise I could just listen to the record. But, there were times when I thought it was far too loose.

TedR wrote: »
    Just for the record, Pixies was sold out, 5000 cap, so hardly sparse

Just 5000. That explains that so. I kind of felt they could have fill it more?

Well I was standing very close to the stage to the left and and noticed they weren't pitch perfect in some areas but then moved to the centre and the 'moshpit' area and it was amazing, smashing around everyone laughing sweat everywhere much better fun then just stadning there listening. Plus I was stone cold sober so gigs are what you make of them!

We were dead centre, but back from the "pit". Sober, apart from a G+T, but groggy from a marathon session the night before. :D
    Pixies were at their best in the Olympia few years ago me thinks but for craic in the crowd lastnight was up there.

Saw them there for their Doolittle thing and later when Kim Shattuck was with them. They were great on both occasions. But probably the first time I saw them will always stick in my mind. Nostalgia and all that I spose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Just 5000. That explains that so. I kind of felt they could have fill it more?

I heard (don't know if true though) that the licensing requirements for events with 5,000 or under are a lot less severe than if there was a bigger crowd attending.

Don't know if that's the reason why they settled on 5k here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,040 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

He sure is. Not bad for a 55 yr old bloke :pac:

The thing with the Pixies is they always come on an lash though a bunch of songs then bugger off, which is grand and it hasn't changed since I first saw them in 1990. But last night there were definite areas where they lost control of the song unfortunately.

Now, I generally like a few screw ups here and there live. That's what makes it live, otherwise I could just listen to the record. But, there were times when I thought it was far too loose.

i think it may have something to do with the stage sound, i was actually appreciating the timing of the band and wondered how they weren't losing it and then lovering got a little lost....but to his credit he was on fire and his monitors would have to be 100% for him to stay in time at that point! He had just done a mad fill and then had to slot right back in to an odd time and looked like he lost the band in his ears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I was just to the right of the moshing area, close enough to get a few bruises.
    But I thought it was the best Pixies gig I have been to in a long time. Not as good as when I saw them on the Planet of Sound tour but not bad at all.
    The band seemed to be in to it. They do play a great set.
    The sound was good, but I was close to the front so no idea what it was like at the back.
    You know it has been a good gig when your ears are ringing and your voice is hoarse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Did they play on the cricket pitch (field nearest the Nassau Street wall)? If so, was there a balcony of onlookers peeping through the railings, or did the authoritehs put up screens? :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

The back of the stage was towards Nassau street, no peepers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Dead for two door cinema club tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

bigpink wrote: »
    Dead for two door cinema club tonight

No good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

I enjoyed the gig, The band was very good live. Not near sold out...Loads of space to move around.

Anyone else find it strange that there is a sign on the way in saying "No ATM available onsite" but then straight away there is signs and posters for Bank of Ireland plastered the entire way in near security :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Actually thought it wasn't dead at all. Seems strange to have such a 'small' outdoor venue but it was like a teeny festival. The huns were all out half naked in the cold, flowers and feathers in the hair and everything :D

Really enjoyed the gig, thought the sound was really good, the band were good, the queues were little to none so easy access to drinks and toilets.

The ATM thing got me aswell, sign saying none in there, followed the BOI signs assuming there was one before going in and ended up inside with no money. Lucky they let us out to go around to the ATMs and back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Anyone hear the stage times for tonight? I assum alt-j will be on stage at 9pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

No times yet for Alt J. Judging on the other stage times is 8.45 an accurate time to catch the main act?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Just went up:

STAGE TIMES for the #SummerSeries tonight!
    Gates: 7pm
    @WillJosephCook: 8pm
    @alt_J: 9pm
    SOLD OUT!!!

Advertisement