Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your school/classroom policies on bathroom breaks?

Options
  • 06-02-2017 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for some advice here on bathroom breaks, some teachers are more strict than others, it's a difficult one to call.

Myself, I play it by ear, I'd normally say wait 5 minutes and ask again, a lot forget but those that genuinely need to go will ask and I allow them. If a student has a medical issue I let them go no problem.

I have one student in particular who asks to go every time I have them, the same class all the time. They have no medical issue and I have let them go up until now but I am a little fed up with the disruption etc I ask why they didn't go before and they say they weren't allowed, this class is third class so 10:30. I let him go the last time but said no more toilet breaks. I get a letter in from the father then saying how dare I deny a basic human right and he is making a written, formal complaint. Now that's fine, I have no worries about that I am just looking for advice?

I have been pretty patient until now but I feel the reason for going to the bathroom is not always genuine.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

Sorry I meant to post in Teaching and Lecturing. Could mods move it please?
    Thank you

Advertisement