Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking deposit

Options
  • 06-02-2017 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

I am possibly worrying over nothing, but I finally agreed a price on a house on Friday evening, I now have to pay the booking deposit tomorrow. However, one of the terms of my mortgage approval was that I was not to take money out of my savings until I drew down the mortgage. I cannot make contact with the bank manager and don't know if this is just a poorly phrased clause in the offer, or if I will have to find the booking deposit somewhere else??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I have just done this myself and what our bank needed was a receipt / proof of payment from the estate agent which they should give you when you send them the booking deposit. My mortgage is with AIB but presume it is the same for other lenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    I have just done this myself and what our bank needed was a receipt / proof of payment from the estate agent which they should give you when you send them the booking deposit. My mortgage is with AIB but presume it is the same for other lenders.

Ah thats grand, hopefully that is the case as I wouldnt be able to get the money anywhere else. Now if only my bank manager would answer the phone.

Advertisement