Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Security Syustems?

Options
  • 06-02-2017 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

I have gotten several phone calls from a girl called Lisa who says she is from Eir Security Systems.   Lisa reckons I have a security issue with my network, Once she started asking me my details I hung up.

I am with UPC for brodband.  I have no products from Eir.  Could you guys tell me if you have a Dept named Eir Security Systems or is this some kind of Scam?   I can supply the reps with my details if necessary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

paddyk wrote: »
    I have gotten several phone calls from a girl called Lisa who says she is from Eir Security Systems.   Lisa reckons I have a security issue with my network, Once she started asking me my details I hung up.

I am with UPC for brodband.  I have no products from Eir.  Could you guys tell me if you have a Dept named Eir Security Systems or is this some kind of Scam?   I can supply the reps with my details if necessary.
    I am dealing with this via Twitter.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

No problem paddyk, to be honest this does sound like a scam/phishing call. You can read more on this here.

-Pamela 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭burnsey1987

Definitely sounds like a scam to me. The only security system from Eir/Eircom that I am aware of are the phonewatch alarm systems and that area became a separate entity altogether in the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

I did think from the beginning it was some kind of Scam.  She sounded so sincere, I felt I should check.   I don't  tell or give out any info.

Thanks for the replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

paddyk wrote: »
    I did think from the beginning it was some kind of Scam.  She sounded so sincere, I felt I should check.   I don't  tell or give out any info.

Thanks for the replies.
    I can understand that paddyk. No problem at all.

-Pamela

• Advertisement
Advertisement