Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC home alarm

Options
  • 06-02-2017 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi does anyone know how to cancel a exterior bell tamper fault on my HKC home alarm.
    Thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You can't do it easily. You need to get up to the bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cagivaguy

Thanks Fred funk when I get up to the bell what do I do?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Start with checking the lid is on correctly & the tamper spring is closing.
    After that you can remove the resistor & wire it across the BHO & Tamper return in the panel. (Remove the tamper return cable but leave the hold off wired in.

Thanks Koolkid I'll try that. The bell box lid is closing the tamper switch and no siren going so that's not the problem so it's on to your suggestion.

Hi KoolKid that worked a treat now I've got the problem of picking up a fault after setting the alarm when trying to leave.
    I set the alarm open the door to leave and a fault appears on my front door zone.
    If I arm the alarm while in the house and do not open the door I do not get a fault.
    However when I open the door the alarm goes off immediately with no delay.
    Any suggestions would be most helpful thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is the front door zone type programmed as Exit Entry?

Advertisement