Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any plans on Android Pay support?

• 06-02-2017 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Well it would be handy to be able to use this way of payment. I couldn't find any info about BOI plans on supporting it.
    Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

I've been wondering this too.

I  note here though that BoI responded on this thread at the end of last year that they "have no plans"... I wonder if this is still the case?

When I heard KBC and AIB were introducing it I was prepared to wait to for BoI to get their act together and introduce it, but if they don't even have a timeline then waiting is pretty pointless. TBH I've not been overly happy with BoI in terms of how they facilitate regular customers for a while so this would be the proverbial camel-breaking straw and I'll be moving banks.

That AIB card reader thing though :(... guess I better check out KBC :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MikeGold

Well, honestly I thought it would be only a matter of time. But if they will officially deny any plans to support payment through Android Pay I will also start looking into changing banks. There is nothing that really makes me want to stay with BOI except the hassle of changing over, but if they will refuse to move with the times I will have no other choice.

I do note on this thread, that the last post mentions a "business sensitive" aspect...

This could mean it's coming soon and they don't want it leaked before the launch, they are planning to partner exclusively with another provider (eg apple pay or Samsung pay (unfortunately this sounds like something an Irish bank would do), they are working out how to integrate EVO/Android Pay into their current systems and/or the the existing BoI app, or that they just aren't going to full stop.

Either way it seems like the support staff have to toe the line and that line is "We have no immediate plans."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi all,

Thank you for your post here on Boards.ie.

We are constantly reviewing the services available to our customer to take account of new and upcoming developments and technological change. 

Please be assured, if this technology is introduced will will happily notify our customers via the usual 
    channels, including our Boards.ie form here. 

We appreciate all our customers feedback and we’ll certainly pass on your comments in relation to Android Pay.

Thanks,

Tara C

Thanks for the info Tara.

To be fair though that post provides the least specific information possible - the equivalent of a "no comment" comment.

Here's something more specific for those wondering: it takes about 20 mins to get started switching your current account and the banks take care of the rest of the process for you.

<snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭lyda

This is disappointing. Don't really want to switch to KBC, but guess that might be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭gl0Rob

lyda wrote: »
    This is disappointing. Don't really want to switch to KBC, but guess that might be an option.
    Yeah, the reason I haven't moved is down to the hassle of switching direct debits. I think this might be the incentive i needs (even if it is a convenient gimmick) .  I can't remember the last time I was in a branch, happy to go fully electronic. 

Advertisement