Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Simple fix? Skoda Octaiva 2001 1.9tdi

Options
  • 06-02-2017 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi ,

Was changing the filters on the car recently , and when removing the engine cover I noticed a pipe was leaking what appears to be oil(see picture). I presume it's something to do with the cooling system but I wouldn't rely know . Looks like a seal or something needs replacing . I hope it's nothing major but if someone could identify the problem and provide a solution that would be great . Picture below ......
    Thanks

Photo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Apologies for this guys voice but video is worth a look.

could be some major oil buildup in yours... I'd be careful about lobbing the gob on it like yer man does :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Waterson

As above this is a Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve. Can be removed fairly easily and left to soak in detergent or similar then blow it through and dry with compressed air. That should clean it out provided the rubber diaphragmhasnt ruptured inside, in which case you'll havr to replace it, cheap part.

Advertisement