Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumia 950 Issue (Maybe Battery?)

Options
  • 06-02-2017 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've had 950 for around a year and in the last 3 or 4 months, it seems to shut down whenever it feels like it, even though battery indicator is OK. When I charge it up, sometimes it "charges" within about 5 minutes according to the battery charge indicator. Sometimes if it's charging and I answer a call and unplug the charger even though there should be plenty of charge, it just decides to shut down. Does this sound like a battery issue or a phone issue? It should still be under the 2 year warranty if it's not battery.
    Any thoughts? If I do have to send it off to be fixed and use a replacement phone, what happens WhatsApp groups etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭RTighe

i had this issue last year and it ended up being a battery issue, Had the battery replaced under warranty. frustrating to say the least, if you send it off, the phone is formatted and you get back the phone in a !default" state.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

How long did it take (roughly)?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭RTighe

i had a really bad experience with three about this but it was customer service more than anything, it was about 4 - 5 working days then add in two days for postage to and from the shop, then another day for the customer rep to remove their finger and contact you.

so 8 days effectively

Advertisement