Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One4All question.

Options
  • 06-02-2017 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭

I have a query relating to One4All vouchers and 'money back' if you like. So I purchased an item from PC World that they had to order in, and paid for it using One4All vouchers. Turns out PC World aren't able to get the item, so I've requested my money back. I've to drop into the shop to get the money back, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm entitled to. Will PC World put the money back onto the One4All card? Am I entitled to the money back on a credit card? And if they tell me I can only have store credit, can I refuse this? I tried looking this up on Citizens Information, but there's nothing there about vouchers. I have the receipt and order form and the One4All card. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

One4All's T&Cs say that refunds only go on the card if it was an online purchase that needs to be refunded and will have to be worked out with the retailer for physical purchases.

In this case, store credit is not acceptable as they are unable to fulfill. I imagine you'll get cash. Returns under store return policies are usually given in the stores own vouchers from experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

L1011 wrote: »
    One4All's T&Cs say that refunds only go on the card if it was an online purchase that needs to be refunded and will have to be worked out with the retailer for physical purchases.

In this case, store credit is not acceptable as they are unable to fulfill. I imagine you'll get cash. Returns under store return policies are usually given in the stores own vouchers from experience.

Excellent. Thank you very much for the reply. I completely neglected to think about checking the One4All T&Cs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

It is possible to refund onto One4Alls, we have done so regularly and never had an issue. Can take up to two weeks for the refund to go on as opposed to the usual time of a few days for a credit card. Cant see why they would give cash when you didnt pay cash, wouldnt be the done thing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Penneys have refunded on to a one4all card for me but alot of the staff don't realise that they are allowed do so or the other option penneys give is on to their own card.
    I would say that pc world will have to refund onto the one4all card or cash as they couldn't make you accept their store credit when they couldn't get the item in

Advertisement