Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IM 70.3 withdrawal fee

Options
  • 06-02-2017 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Entered Dublin 70.3 and quickly realised I should be elsewhere that weekend.

The withdrawal fee is 50% up to to 4 months before the race.....Basically €134 and lose the €22 fee also so total of €166 to withdraw.

However I noticed the lines below in their terms and conditions. Has anyone ever challenged IM to prove that it costs them €166 for a withdrawal 6 months in advance of a race ?

"The withdrawing athlete may attempt to establish that the damage sustained by the organizer from his/her transfer is lower than the agreed upon amount withheld by the organizer pursuant to these regulations"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

20rothmans wrote: »

The withdrawal fee is 50% up to to 4 months before the race.....Basically €134 and lose the €22 fee also so total of €166 to withdraw.

However I noticed the lines below in their terms and conditions. Has anyone ever challenged IM to prove that it costs them €166 for a withdrawal 6 months in advance of a race ?

"The withdrawing athlete may attempt to establish that the damage sustained by the organizer from his/her transfer is lower than the agreed upon amount withheld by the organizer pursuant to these regulations"

I didn't hear about that and would think you're probably better of just transferring your entry to another 70.3 race (http://eu.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman-70.3/uk/register/transfer-withdrawal.aspx)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭WattsUp

iAcesHigh wrote: »
    I didn't hear about that and would think you're probably better of just transferring your entry to another 70.3 race (http://eu.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman-70.3/uk/register/transfer-withdrawal.aspx)

I think I'd prefer to lose €166 than spend an at least €300, on top of the €297 already spent, doing a race abroad where I need flights, accommodation etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I think I'd prefer to lose €166 than spend an at least €300, on top of the €297 already spent, doing a race abroad where I need flights, accommodation etc.

It is more money, but I've found it much more enjoyable. Looking forward to a nice trip and holiday after makes the training easier to do!

If not, you might be able to sell it to someone nearer the time. (obviously I'm not suggesting anything against the rules regarding transfers);)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cart man

Not a lawyer but if you check CCPC website you will note there is a cooling period of 14 days in which you can cancel a transaction when purchasing off the internet if still within that period you should seek refund.

cart man wrote: »
    Not a lawyer but if you check CCPC website you will note there is a cooling period of 14 days in which you can cancel a transaction when purchasing off the internet if still within that period you should seek refund.

Thanks. Good point. Will give that a shot.

• Advertisement

Tried the "14 cooling off period" but there are exemptions for events....No joy there but worth a try.

Exemptions There are some contracts where you won’t have a right to cancel a service. For example, hotel bookings, flights, car hire, concerts and other event tickets, or where the trader is carrying out urgent repairs or maintenance.

Advertisement