Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simon model 60-911-010-4-IE

Options
  • 06-02-2017 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi,
    We got a phone watch alarm back in 2008.
    Haven't used it in years for some reason but want to start again.
    Does anyone know if these alarms work with pets(cats). Are motion sensors able to differentiate between pets and people?
    At the moment the downstairs motion sensors are "connected" to "doors and windows" so when we set "doors and windows" the downstairs motion sensors trigger the alarm when we go downstairs.
    How easy is it to disconnect them from "doors and windows" normally, phonewatch/eircom did the installation in 2008.
    Is it a "hardware" fix or "software", do we need to move wires in the control panel or is it just changing the "zones" using keypad?
    I think I got the engineers code a few years ago, but haven't put my hand on it yet.
    Would anyone have it please? Or are they specific to each box?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WannaGetFit

Anyone??

Nobody?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi,
    We got a phone watch alarm back in 2008.
    Haven't used it in years for some reason but want to start again.
    Does anyone know if these alarms work with pets(cats). Are motion sensors able to differentiate between pets and people?
    At the moment the downstairs motion sensors are "connected" to "doors and windows" so when we set "doors and windows" the downstairs motion sensors trigger the alarm when we go downstairs.
    How easy is it to disconnect them from "doors and windows" normally, phonewatch/eircom did the installation in 2008.
    Is it a "hardware" fix or "software", do we need to move wires in the control panel or is it just changing the "zones" using keypad?
    I think I got the engineers code a few years ago, but haven't put my hand on it yet.
    Would anyone have it please? Or are they specific to each box?

Once you have the engineer code then all the above is possible.
    If you request this off P.W they will give it to you.

The motions are set up on group 15 meaning they are on regardless of you setting the system for home or away.

If you want these off then id advise covering the windows if not covered by the system. You will need to delete the motions off the system and then enroll them back in to change the group.

altor wrote: »
    Once you have the engineer code then all the above is possible.
    If you request this off P.W they will give it to you.

The motions are set up on group 15 meaning they are on regardless of you setting the system for home or away.

If you want these off then id advise covering the windows if not covered by the system. You will need to delete the motions off the system and then enroll them back in to change the group.

Thank you.
    Will request it and then get back on here for more instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thank you.
    Will request it and then get back on here for more instructions.

Thats no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭leptonite

Hi OP, did you ever get that engineer code?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

We are no longer allowed help you here with Engineer codes.
    PW will provided you with the engineer code as long as you sign a waver saying they are no longer responsible for the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Depending on who you get to speak to, you may also have to pay for the privilege of getting it off Phonewatch.

Thats the correct idea mods, to keep engineer codes off these forums. Too many people with bad intentions could be monitoring the info

• Registered Users Posts: 25 DocMcC

Afaik, engineer password is the last 5 digits of your phonewatch account (that is what mine is!)

Advertisement