Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you eat for Breakfast today? Tips please!

Options
  • 06-02-2017 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

So, as of the last week I'm trying to stay in the routine of eating breakfast, as for years I just constantly waited until lunch time to eat.

Even if I'm rushing out the door I try grab something and it helps me just stick to 3 meals a day with a small snack compared to more meals and more snacks!

I need some more tips though... rather than cereal, toast, eggs.

This morning I had a muller light strawberry yoghurt!

What about the rest of you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

How were you not starving by lunch when you skipped breakfast??

I have porridge for breakfast - soak oats in almond milk overnight, mashed with a banana and small spoon of maple syrup, cooked for 2 minutes in microwave. I have also made this using coconut milk. Finding it delicious on these cold mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

I used to be terrible for breakfast as I have a long commute and always wanted to get out as early as possible .. but for the last year or so it has been the same simple breakie that I eat in the car:

2x Scoops of oats
    2x Scoops of Whey Protein
    50g frozen blueberries or 1 banana
    3 lumps of frozen spinach

all in to a nutribullet with some water and blitz for about 20 seconds.

Keeps me going until well in to the late morning .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

How were you not starving by lunch when you skipped breakfast??

I have porridge for breakfast - soak oats in almond milk overnight, mashed with a banana and small spoon of maple syrup, cooked for 2 minutes in microwave. I have also made this using coconut milk. Finding it delicious on these cold mornings.

Oh, I was! Not just lunch, starving throughout the day - finally seen the need for breakfast. I was always hungry, now that I started eating breakfast properly it's all going well, 3 meals, 1 or 2 snacks if even!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

I would absolutely love a nutribullet / blitzer to throw fruit and frozen yoghurt into or something, that would be very easy to enjoy every morning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

@dartboardio - we have a long-running thread on this very subject here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056737332

Feel free to join in that one and I'll close this one because there's no point in having two the same :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement