Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

15k house

• 06-02-2017 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have the chance to buy a house for 15k. It needs a lot of work or knock the hole thing & start again. I'm in the building game myself & had a few people look at it that are in the building game themselves a few of them say knock it others say save it. Is it worth buying it ? Is it going to be worth much more in a few years if I don't touch it ? & if I decide to fix it up how much of it do I hav to keepif the original house to keep the County council happy ?? It's in north Longford BTW

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Rural, town?

How bad is it?

What size is it...how many beds?

Any land?

If it's worth only 15k now, it's not going to be worth much in the future if left alone.

Any photos?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

If your talking about North County Longford, and you are trying to turn a profit, you would have to give more specifics because the majority of the time, it would be well worth leaving alone unless you have no other work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ollie320d

goz83 wrote: »
    Rural, town?

How bad is it?

What size is it...how many beds?

Any land?

If it's worth only 15k now, it's not going to be worth much in the future if left alone.

Any photos?
    It's rural 2bed house with a crappy kitchen extension I can get 4 acres with it at extra cost no pictures it's bad enough I'd rather fix it up but it's a very damp house I wanted to fix it up sell it on

CramCycle wrote: »
    If your talking about North County Longford, and you are trying to turn a profit, you would have to give more specifics because the majority of the time, it would be well worth leaving alone unless you have no other work.
    Yea trying to turn a profit to build a house. Yea I know what your saying I am very busy at the moment

ollie320d wrote: »
    Yea trying to turn a profit to build a house. Yea I know what your saying I am very busy at the moment

If you turn it into a decent two bed, in Longford North, you will struggle to get more than 100,000. In fact I would be quite surprised if you got that far. Not sure how much you need to keep the council happy. Check with a builder but I imagine it would just have to be built to the registered plans but not my area.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭shugy

I have the chance to buy a house for 15k. It needs a lot of work or knock the hole thing & start again. I'm in the building game myself & had a few people look at it that are in the building game themselves a few of them say knock it others say save it. Is it worth buying it ? Is it going to be worth much more in a few years if I don't touch it ? & if I decide to fix it up how much of it do I hav to keepif the original house to keep the County council happy ?? It's in north Longford BTW

I agree with both them untill i see it

I'm on the app got a few pics of my brothers phone how do I upload them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Don't forget to budget the planning process if you decide to knock it.

kceire wrote: »
    Don't forget to budget the planning process if you decide to knock it.
    Yes I know I'm lucky that I hav my own digger and plenty of room to get rid of the house it's just I don't hav a clue about how much the planning process will cost

I'm on the app got a few pics of my brothers phone how do I upload them

Put them on a website like picasa and make them public, then put the link here.

• Advertisement

Yes I know I'm lucky that I hav my own digger and plenty of room to get rid of the house it's just I don't hav a clue about how much the planning process will cost

I know some people who have knocked a house/cottage and build same structure without planning. I don't know if its OK to do or not but I've seen it done without any issues however, don't go on my saying because I cukd be wrong. All I know, its been done.

shugy wrote: »
    I know some people who have knocked a house/cottage and build same structure without planning. I don't know if its OK to do or not but I've seen it done without any issues however, don't go on my saying because I cukd be wrong. All I know, its been done.

Planning required for this type of activity.

kceire wrote: »
    Planning required for this type of activity.

Is it not planning required only if caught. For example, if one knocks a house, builds it same as was before with new regs, whos ever going to kno wit was a newbuild rather than the old house done up. Im not saying do it, but theres people up and down the country has done this and got away with it

Is it not planning required only if caught. For example, if one knocks a house, builds it same as was before with new regs, whos ever going to kno wit was a newbuild rather than the old house done up. Im not saying do it, but theres people up and down the country has done this and got away with it

Speeding is only a prosecution if caught too.
    Planning is required to demolish a habitable dwelling and rebuild even to new regs as you also need to lodge a Commencement Notice.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

We obey the law in this forum, read the forum charter before posting again.

Advertisement