Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCA Horticulture and Agriculture

Options
  • 06-02-2017 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I have just taken over a LCA Horticulture and Agriculture class, I haven't taught this subject before and I am trying to get to grips with the course. Would anyone have any tips or suggestions especially with regards to the task.

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Are they 5th Years doing the task for interview at the end of Session 2? If so, don't delay in getting started. I would recommend growing something (then produce how to instructions, an info booklet etc) or designing a garden space.

If you have two doubles then I would book a computer room or a set of laptops if possible for one double so they can work on writing the report and research or make resources as they go. Get them to make a weekly plan at the start and then keep a diary each class of what they achieve - also record any work done at home (but that might be optimistic). Don't forget that Maths and IT are compulsory components - rope in those teachers to help with ideas of where to include calculations, graphs, tables etc.

Get the detailed marking scheme from the pdst and make sure they are hitting all the requirements - simple tasks are often very successful once they cover all the sections well. Contact the pdst support person (Geraldine Walton) to get advice and get added to her email list for resources.

Advertisement