Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arca Pocket 24 won't stay lit

• 06-02-2017 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

I have an Arca Pocket 24 FR (made in 2003) which shuts down about 30 seconds after firing up. If I restart the boiler it will run for about 30 seconds, I can see a nice blue flame in the window and then it just shuts down again. I had great difficulty finding something that is willing to look at the boiler as this brand of boiler is not normally found in Cork.

When I finally did get someone to look at it, they took the cover off, had a little look around and couldn't figure out what was wrong. They said that the boiler may need a new board (I assumed PCB) and he headed away never to be heard from again. He hasn’t answered our calls and I haven't been able to find another person willing to take a look at the boiler due to its brand.

The water pressure appears to be OK at around 1.5 bar. The water pump appears to be spinning during the first 30 seconds, and the gas lights up without issue. My only guess is that the boiler is switching itself off for safety reasons thinking that the gas is not burning!

I found a supplier online that sells the PCB for 200 euro, but I have no idea if this is the problem. I would be happy to fit the PCB as I'm an engineer by trade, but maybe this isn't my best idea.

If you have any ideas, or know anyone willing to take a look that would be of great help to me.
    Tagged:

Advertisement