Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Softener - Balbriggan

Options
  • 06-02-2017 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Living in Balbriggan now for six years and I need to get some sort of water softener installed in the house. Our shower had given up the ghost once already but it was repaired under warranty. Just today it's started to give issues again and it'll have to come out of my pocket.
    So the issue I have is that we have a huge amount of limescale in our water which naturally is causing issues. We can't use tap water for the kettle. The shower is about to go kaput. The glass screen for the shower just can't be kept clean. My main worry of course would be for the pipes throughout the house and long term issues.

So, not being a terribly handy man, what are my options? Can I get some sort of system installed that will 'clean' the water before it gets to whatever needs it? Typically how much does it cost to buy and have installed? Are there filters needed? And lastly, can you fine folks recommend a company?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There was a thread a couple of years ago, it might be of help while you're waiting for replies:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057338745

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I had asked elsewhere and the overwhelming consensus seemed to be that EWT were the crowd to go with, so I'll be giving them a call.

Many thanks.

Advertisement