Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Qashqai airbag light flashing

Options
  • 06-02-2017 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I have a 2008 Qashqai 2.0 petrol and the airbag light started flashing on the dashboard two days ago.
    I did the reset procedure and it was all back to normal for the rest of the day.
    Next morning, it was flashing again.
    I'm hoping this is just some plug/dew issue.

My questions would be:
    - What can I attempt to do? (where are all the plugs; etc...)
    - Is a Nissan dealer the cheapest workable option if I absolutely need to take it somewhere? (Swords; North Co Dublin)
    - Are these airbag systems designed not to blow into one's face in any case while the light is flashing? (is the worst case that it's not opening when it should)

Thanks for any suggestion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Yeah I think if there is a fault in the SRS system then it wont deploy so you'd be best bringing it to Nissan and get the fault diagnosed.

Advertisement