Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

LeBash wrote: »
    McCormack has another year on his contract and he will earn 70k a week if we go up.
    Well deserved I say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

CSF wrote: »
    Well deserved I say

Top of his class in work avoidance

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Play off sold out. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Rumours abound of Sarri out at Chelsea and Lampard in. Could be bull can never tell. But surely some impact on the pyschology for derby dressing room final day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Could also be an elaborate ruse. Derby 1-0 down at half-time. Lampard comes in with a Di Caprio "I'm not fúckin leaving!" speech and they throw midgets at a target and then the win 1-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

listermint wrote: »
    Rumours abound of Sarri out at Chelsea and Lampard in. Could be bull can never tell. But surely some impact on the pyschology for derby dressing room final day.

There were rumours of the ladies manager applying for the job over the weekend and hoping to be interviewed.

Seems the Chelsea manager rumour mill is in full flow.

Esse85 wrote: »
    There were rumours of the ladies manager applying for the job over the weekend and hoping to be interviewed.

Seems the Chelsea manager rumour mill is in full flow.
    Don't think there is any more to that than Sky creating hype around one of their pundits. There may well be a future for female managers in football but it certainly will not begin at a Premier League club, much less one fighting for top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Sono

Lads have any of you watched villa games in Buskers with the supporters club before? If so what are the drink deals when matches are on? Thinking of heading there on Monday. Ta

Sono wrote: »
    Lads have any of you watched villa games in Buskers with the supporters club before? If so what are the drink deals when matches are on? Thinking of heading there on Monday. Ta

I was there once and I don’t remember any special offers outside of what they may already have on at any given time.

• Advertisement

Went a couple of times to Murray's when it was based there. FA Cup Final was last time I was there.

Not sure about Buskers, supporters club normally puts up drink deals on their Facebook page.

I'm at a loose end where to watch it myself. My local won't be open that time, and I've no sky in my bathroom.

EDIT: It has "discounted food and drinks for Villa supporters" on the poster for the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Some of the other supporters clubs in Ireland are a joke

Went a couple of times to Murray's when it was based there. FA Cup Final was last time I was there.

Not sure about Buskers, supporters club normally puts up drink deals on their Facebook page.

I'm at a loose end where to watch it myself. My local won't be open that time, and I've no sky in my bathroom.

EDIT: It has "discounted food and drinks for Villa supporters" on the poster for the match.

Yeah I’m tempted just to go to Murray’s anyway as it’s a good spot for games and pints are not Templebar prices!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Yeah I’m tempted just to go to Murray’s anyway as it’s a good spot for games and pints are not Templebar prices!

Yes probably going to head there myself (maybe watch it in the livingroom beer garden weather depending).

When did the supporters club move to Buskers?

CucaFace wrote: »
    Yes probably going to head there myself (maybe watch it in the livingroom beer garden weather depending).

Not sure tbh, I just checked their FB page the other night to see if they still meet at Murray’s and I saw it’s now Buskers, Murray’s is a great spot especially like you say with the beer garden if the weather is decent.

CucaFace wrote: »

Couple of seasons now I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I'll be watching at my desk :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I'll be watching at my desk :(

Gonna leave work at 2.45 and find the closest pub with it on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

I've always emphasised the importance of family to my children and how from time to time we have to make sacrifices for them, Anyhow me and the wife had booked a week in Switzerland to visit my daughter who's working in Lausanne. But back in February when we aranged it not for one minute did I think we'd be in the play off final or realise it fell on this week end.

Anyway I just hope our re-scheduled flight on the last plane back to Gatwick on Sunday night isn't cancelled and that we manage to get to Wembley to see the Villa win otherwise the sacrifice will be in vain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Nerves kicking in already...arghhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The two play off games have been nervy affairs so far and I can see tomorrow's being in a similar vein. Nobody wanting to make 'that' mistake. I just hope Villa's big players turn up tomorrow, the likes of Grealish, McGinn and Tammy. Taylor against Bogle is something to keep an eye on as well, as much as Taylor has improved defensively, Bogle will be a test coming forward from right back. In the big open pitch, I really think El Ghazi could have a big say if he performs.

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    The two play off games have been nervy affairs so far and I can see tomorrow's being in a similar vein. Nobody wanting to make 'that' mistake. I just hope Villa's big players turn up tomorrow, the likes of Grealish, McGinn and Tammy. Taylor against Bogle is something to keep an eye on as well, as much as Taylor has improved defensively, Bogle will be a test coming forward from right back. In the big open pitch, I really think El Ghazi could have a big say if he performs.

Someone checked the pitch measurements on Reddit and it is roughly the same size as villa park and a bit smaller than pride park.

very nervous now, if the team turns up that went on the winning streak we win imo, just hope the lads don’t choke on the day, I fully expect Grealish to have a few juicy tackles on him early tmw.

very nervous now, if the team turns up that went on the winning streak we win imo, just hope the lads don’t choke on the day, I fully expect Grealish to have a few juicy tackles on him early tmw.

And for the referees to keep the cards in his pocket inexplicably like they always seem to in the Championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

This is such a huge game for us , win and the good times will roll , lose and good knows where the club will be in 12 months

Seen the man city play off final from league one yesterday on sky , in some ways the stories can be compared

Wonder if there is any strange team news coming for Derby, as we are after shortening a fair bit in the betting markets overnight.

Bradley Johnson v Grealish could be one to watch, if anyone could set a 'marker' tackle early on it's him. I just think a good tempo from the start is important, the team usually becomes more confident once things start clicking early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

Hourihane to start for me we have the best record in the division for scoring from set plays. I think Derby are happy to be here for us it's more important it's about putting right the wrongs of last year if not the last 10 years.

pavb2 wrote: »
    Hourihane to start for me we have the best record in the division for scoring from set plays. I think Derby are happy to be here for us it's more important it's about putting right the wrongs of last year if not the last 10 years.

Me too on the Hourihane thing.

And I agree, it’s a whole different feeling from last year also. Last year we were delighted to have beaten Middlesbrough and made the final, but I know I for one never really believed Bruce was gonna suddenly turn the team into a winning machine, or even win the tactical battle.

I 100% believe in Smith and this group of players which would make it a whole different level of pain if it falls apart again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

Whelan for me, Derby scored 4 against Leeds away from home. It's a real pity that the 2 best ball players in the pitch today cant seem to kick it when its stationary and it leaves you with a choice of better cover or better set pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

I just think we get more from McGinn and Grealish when Whelan plays.

Therefore I'd rather Whelan starts but I think it'll be Hourihane and after his semi final cracker of a strike, it would be very difficult to drop him.

I'm confident and think we'll control the game and win 2-0

• Advertisement

Esse85 wrote: »
    I just think we get more from McGinn and Grealish when Whelan plays.

Therefore I'd rather Whelan starts but I think it'll be Hourihane and after his semi final cracker of a strike, it would be very difficult to drop him.

It depends on the game and how high up the pitch the opposition press. If they press high then Grealish has to drop deeper to get the ball from whelan than he would from Hourihane.

I can see Derby going for a high tempo, and high pressing game so hopefully our back 4 and DM can handle the pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Best of luck Villa, make Fat Frank cry

- A Leeds fan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Is the match live on any radio station?
    I’ve to work today but have an internet radio.

Lineup.

481276.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Esse85 wrote:
    I hope you win but can't see you keeping a clean sheet. They've scored in 7 of their last 8 games and scored 18 goals in this games.

Lineup.

481276.png

Mostly expected. I would have liked to see Kodjia start instead of Adomah.

Me too. No Davis on the bench is surprising.

Me too. No Davis on the bench is surprising.

Was thinking the same but the only one to drop for him would be Lansbury

No game changers on the bench.

• Advertisement

Very surprised they havent started either Waghorn or Marriott.

matrim wrote: »
    Was thinking the same but the only one to drop for him would be Lansbury
    Are both Whelan and Jedinak needed on the bench?

Very surprised they havent started either Waghorn or Marriott.

Surprising team, seems like doing a containing job at the start. No true striker in the team, Bennett came on in midfield against Leeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

digzy wrote:
    Is the match live on any radio station? I’ve to work today but have an internet radio.

Talk sport

Corholio wrote: »
    Surprising team, seems like doing a containing job at the start. No true striker in the team, Bennett came on in midfield against Leeds.
    Yeah I was looking up his goal record when I saw he got the nod ahead of them and looks like they're setting up to soak things up and bring strikers on later in the game.

Best omen ever, getting the Sky Go app going there just to make sure I have it, not something I use very often and when it's loading it says 'Preparing' :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Patser

Home just in time from work - check

Including collecting sick kid from creche, who's now wrapped up watching cartoons - check

At least this all kept me distracted from nerves for build up.

Here we go though. A nation, I mean small thread on Boards, holds its breath

Let's do this.

Tuanzebe, fell to the wrong person.

Credit where it's due that was a ballsy and brilliant tackle

Derby starting to come into it now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement