Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Esse85 wrote: »
    Trezeguet suspended

Ah ya, christ forgot about his red card, after what happened in that match :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Strong enough lineup. I think if you want to stay up you've to be looking to get something out of this type of game.

No game changers on the bench.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Nakamba looks fairly nervous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Mike Dean being Mike Dean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

El Ghazi should have been subbed off on the spot

Just need to settle down a bit, a few players look nervy. El Ghazi not staying awake, but besides that it's just small things. Done well enough when been bit more patient with passing.

Noble should be off for that blatant dive too. Shocking.

CSF wrote: »
    El Ghazi should have been subbed off on the spot

Ah I wouldn't be worried about that, if he doesn't calm down then sub off.

Ah I wouldn't be worried about that, if he doesn't calm down then sub off.

Well he has also been sh*te

Improved as the half went on but jaysus this is gonna be a tough slog of a season. Would snap your hand off for 17th now if offered.

• Advertisement

Amazing how the pundits go quiet on diving incidents. Noble tries to stick his leg in, dives and then knows he looked foolish so didn't even look for it.

Corholio wrote: »
    Amazing how the pundits go quiet on diving incidents. Noble tries to stick his leg in, dives and then knows he looked foolish so didn't even look for it.

In fairness Alan Smith said he was lucky as he'd already been booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

The problem with El Ghazi is if we take him off we lose all pace out wide and we’ve no width on the bench. I’m as quick as Jota.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Jack needs to sharpen up. His passing has been poor in the final third.

This ref likes a card doesn’t he.

McGinn is a phenom. Just that last finish or last pass a bit short from the team so far, still plenty chances there.

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    McGinn is a phenom. Just that last finish or last pass a bit short from the team so far, still plenty chances there.

A joy to watch. Amazing engine.

Masuaku sent off. Elmo probably dived for it though. Got both diving decisions wrong tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Red card for west ham. A bit harsh but understandable why the ref gave it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

that sending off was harsh to be fair..we can win this now..but we need to go up a level or two

Thought it was a nailed on yellow live. Replay looks harsh due to Elmo throwing himself to the ground. Still, you don't commit like that when you're on a yellow.

• Advertisement

Grealish having a poor game.

Just lack that comfort on the ball for whatever reason, just nervy for long stages. Passes those players would usually complete in their sleep.

Grealish having a poor game.

Very poor

They are playing like they've been on the lash international week. Guilbert was skinned by Zabaleta, who's about 40, at one stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Conor should have been on before luiz. Grealish been poor and wesley not much better. As someone said earlier woukd take 17th if offered now

Whats our formation /shape now?

That was a real 0-0.

Little to show on that performance that we’re not gonna be right in the dogfight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭rebelomar

Poor performance. Very little creativity or guile. Could be a long season. Wesley was awful

Wesley should have just played on instead of diving and rolling around

• Advertisement

What a frustrating last 20 minutes. Villa lost it with the sending off which is bizarre. So many bad passes.

Impossible to pick a man of the match. Two average teams. I fear that a lot more teams in the league would be more average that Villa thought.

They're the type of games Grealish should be owning.

Frustrating game, never really could get up in to that gear enough to go and win it. But yet with a few passes properly finding simple target, still could have. Wing options causing a problem when both under perform, like El Ghazi and Jota both did. Team was always gonna be in the scrap down there though, would be surprised if some thought otherwise.

One point is better than none. Really frustrating game but we’ve played better and gotten nothing in the past. Arsenal next. Onwards and upwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Poor passing and a real lack of composure. Going to be a tough season if we continue like that

I hope there is money in the kitty for a striker in the window. Wesley is awful while maupay is doing ok. Think smith might have gone with the wrong one

I hope there is money in the kitty for a striker in the window. Wesley is awful while maupay is doing ok. Think smith might have gone with the wrong one

I don't know if he's awful but he's continuously isolated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Really poor performance but we’d all have taken a draw before hand. Our wingers are going to be an issue all year, not enough quality going forward and very poor defensively. No one on the bench to replace them though.

Some incredibly sloppy passing by the midfield 3 throughout (McGinn the least culpable) and probably the worst game I’ve seen from Grealish since he was a kid. He likes to take a lot out of the ball but normally it’s in order to allow runners to open up gaps and he usually picks the perfect pass. Tonight he just slowed down play and gave the ball away.

Marvelous was much better in the 2nd half and won some decent ball.

Take our point & clean sheet and run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

I said this after the window closed,i cant see where the goals are coming from in this team.
    Games like tonight where we need to score against 10 men and we just dont have a poacher or a fox in the box to do that.
    People saying we need a striker in january..but i fear it might be too late by then.

• Advertisement

Grealish and Rice doing the post match interviews. Big fúck you to Ireland....

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    I said this after the window closed,i cant see where the goals are coming from in this team.
    Games like tonight where we need to score against 10 men and we just dont have a poacher or a fox in the box to do that.
    People saying we need a striker in january..but i fear it might be too late by then.

Think it’s the wide players that are more of the issue, Wesley has the attributes but is very isolated. El Ghazi and Jota’s contribution tonight would have been more suitable to a 5 a side game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

That's the worst I've ever seen Grealish play, gave the ball away time after time.

El Ghazi should of been sent off, he should be fined for that cowardly act, disgusting behaviour from him.

Mings and Engels class again.

Taylor pussied out of a few challenges.

Wesley, absolute passanger.

Cannot believe we didn't put the ball in the box when Davis and Wes played up top. Serious lack of quality in the final third.

Nakamba reminds me of Gana, hopefully he's half as good.

Frustrating evening if you couldn't tell.

Grealish was poor and his passing was off but to me it looked like he was missing runners around the edge of the box. He'd get into a decent position, look for a through ball, not see any runners and then turn back inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

Haven't seen it and dont think I'll bother, just delete it off the sky box.

We need Hourihane on the pitch. He makes and scores goals despite whatever others think is wrong with him. By the sounds of its Grelish may as well be out left and come inside, he isn't afraid to get back either.

LeBash wrote: »
    Haven't seen it and dont think I'll bother, just delete it off the sky box.

We need Hourihane on the pitch. He makes and scores goals despite whatever others think is wrong with him. By the sounds of its Grelish may as well be out left and come inside, he isn't afraid to get back either.

Next Sunday flip a coin to decide what you'll watch. If it's heads, watch James Bond, tails, James Bond.

• Advertisement

conor not amongest the 3 on tonight and i believe lansbury was warming up to come on, he might be ahead of him also.

Grealish was decent first half but had a very frustrating second half. His ball retention is still really important even when he's poor on the passing side, unusually it has to be said. Wes will get criticism I'm sure but with Jota coming inside all the time and El Ghazi taking too long to get crosses in, thats a big chunk of his game not utilised. He can do better of course, but someone from midfield needs to be closer to him at points in the game near the box.

It seemed to me at times that Grealish and McGinn were playing right beside each other a lot, even when there were opportunities to push on and second balls etc then fell to West Ham players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Nakamba was very decent on his debut and will be unlucky to lose out if dropped for Luiz coming back in. Maybe we could use both away to Arsenal and drop one winger.

Panrich wrote: »
    Nakamba was very decent on his debut and will be unlucky to lose out if dropped for Luiz coming back in. Maybe we could use both away to Arsenal and drop one winger.

And play jack out on the left?

As a bit disappointing as the draw turned out to be, it's still very fine margins in games this season. Bar Spurs last 10 minutes, something could have been got out of every game this season, and in Bournemouth, Palace games, should have been got. The start was always going to be tough with step up and so many new players. The defence has looked very solid which is encouraging.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement