Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Wesley is probably one of the only ones I'd keep in, couple of goals could boost his confidence coming into a crucial run of games.

Other than that play a second string side, next 3 games are all 6 pointers and getting an injury dicking around in the League Cup could prove very very costly come the end of the season.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Momentum is important, I'd play a strong team tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Esse85 wrote: »

I expect lots of changes to the team with the likes of Taylor, Elmo, Konsa, Jota, Lansbury, Hourihane, Trezeguet and Kodjia all starting.

All start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭tonytiger81

ASTON VILLA TEAM NEWS

Team to play Liverpool: Nyland, Elmohamady, Chester, Konsa, Taylor, Lansbury, Luiz, Hourihane, Jota, Kodjia, Trezeguet.

Subs: Kalinic, Guilbert, Hause, McGinn, Grealish, El Ghazi, Wesley.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Good to see Chester back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Forgot about Chester!

Getting battered. Fúck sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Good job nyland has showed up tonight. Been taught a lesson at home so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

We're going to lose aren't we?

JPA wrote: »
    We're going to lose aren't we?

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

No :P

The goal should settle Villa down now.

Conor with free kick

2-0.

Lucky goal, huge deflection off Elmo cross.

We may bury these now.

As much as he's fallen off his old form, Kodjia's wanting to run in behind is a different option to Wesley, who mostly comes to the ball.

Corholio wrote: »
    As much as he's fallen off his old form, Kodjia's wanting to run in behind is a different option to Wesley, who mostly comes to the ball.

His holding on to the ball instead of passing/doing anything but lose possession however is a negative.

These lads are making us look poor. Real lucky to be up 2 nil

Nyland's throwing is a thing of beauty.

Goal for Kodj. 3-0.

Good to see him score again.

• Advertisement

Time for bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Youd forget we have some of these players

4-0 HT.

Besides the first 10 min, pretty comfortable. Good to see Kodjia's goals were from running in behind and being there from a cross, two things Wesley has struggled doing this season.

Villa could only be criticised tonight no matter what happened. Pundits fawning over a team 4-0 down because they had more possession.

Think Kodj has earned a start Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Go on villa!
    Us neutrals want 6 nil please...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

How many times have we passed the ball back to the keeper now , pass it around ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Genuinely not sure how we’re winning this, let alone 4 up. Some real lazy & arrogant performances out there.

It's been a stroll in the second half. As I said earlier, Villa could only be criticised tonight, even at 4-0 up. 0-0 up to now would have been a worry but Villa have put chances away and should have scored more, Trez missing 2 alone.

Bad runs always bring over criticism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Not sure what match some of yous are watching.

We have won this game comfortably. Not much needed tbh.

Some folks on here are seven shades of gas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Liverpool have just been beaten by Villa, 5-0 and that flatters Liverpool, Villa were excellent.

listermint wrote: »
    Not sure what match some of yous are watching.

We have won this game comfortably. Not much needed tbh.

Some folks on here are seven shades of gas

If Villa won 10-0, people would still be talking about the 'brave' young Liverpool players, commentators etc especially. Villa were in about 3rd gear from the 20th until the end. Good passing display from Liverpool players but not much else overall.

Could have been game that crowd got on teams backs if it went on 0-0 etc, so it was good to kill it well before half time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Think Kodj has earned a start Saturday.
    Nope. That corner in injury time he just never bothered to try defend in the 2-1 against Liverpool should have been his last meaningful contribution in the Premier League.

Wesley can start these couple of games over the Christmas and hopefully better competition is signed in Jan to make sure that one way or another we have a reliable option up front. I'd go for Giroud on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Patser

Not actually the worst game for Villa, as I was worried it was a no win game at the start.

At least Kodjia showed maybe there is an option there, Wesley broke his drought and Nyland surprised with some great saves and a clean sheet.

Yes vs youngsters, but still some positives.

I've been one of Kodjia's biggest critics once his downturn started happening, but I think he's at least worth a go and see if the team links up better with him there. There's no right or wrong decision atm but I think it can't be discounted.

Kodjia is more suited to playing with passers like Jota, Lansbury and Luiz as they will look for a runner to play that through ball.
    Grealish, Nakamba and McGinn less likely.

Lots of positives to take from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

Good win tonight, good to see Chester, Hourihane goal, 2 for Kodjia and 1 for Wesley. Jota looks good in spells, seems to lack a bit of pace but has a brain, Nyland played well, clean sheet and I'd say there is a buzz in the dressing room after that.

Ok, it was against a bunch of kids but we still had to do it and I think we did it well without pushing too hard.

Hopefully we walk into the Southampton game with some confidence.

If Jota had pace/stamina he'd be a serious player, he's a little like David Silva at times, the poor man's version of course.

Corholio wrote: »
    I've been one of Kodjia's biggest critics once his downturn started happening, but I think he's at least worth a go and see if the team links up better with him there. There's no right or wrong decision atm but I think it can't be discounted.
    How many of those chances does he get? Whatever we can say about Wesley, and he certainly hasn't been amazing, he has a good attitude and is still learning English football.

In the 2016/17 season Kodjia was great, but at this stage it is just time for him to move on and free up a space for some genuine competition to get the best out of or replace Wesley.

Wesley got himself a goal tonight and I'm hoping he can get another one on Saturday to set himself on a run.

Wesley became a father at 14, he's two kids. Lost his own dad when he was young.
    He's had a tough upbringing, I'd love to see him do well.
    As for his attitude, throwing himself to the floor and throwing his hands up in the air when a pass doesn't come, he could have a better attitude on the pitch.

Was fairly underwhelming for a 5-0, I think a lot of it was down to lack of match sharpness from some of the players, very sloppy at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Leicester. Woo......

• Advertisement

2nd leg at home is good, even if it's still Leicester of course.

Hopefully their bubble has burst a bit by that stage. Maddison and Chilwell bids incoming from somewhere hopefully.

Maybe they'll play their U21s.....

Actually maybe, by the time these games are played Leicester could be in a real Chsmpions League dogfight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Daily Mail though. Think if there was anything legit to this it’d be on Sky etc, and assume that’s if this gathers legitimacy then this will happen.

We can’t be worse offenders than City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

2 more Southampton players out for the weekend game.

Wes and Conor start.

Esse85 wrote: »
    Wes and Conor start.

Attacking line up with Luiz, Hourihane, McGinn and Grealish all in, but without Nakamba do we have a disruptive cover midfielder

I would play Nakamba every game.

• Advertisement

I would play Nakamba every game.

I was trying to think the same but then I wondered who would be the ball technician with Luiz out, and we all know why Hourihane is suited to these kinds of games.

Very difficult picking 2 from 3. It’s easier to choose in games when a DM is a must against top half teams, particularly away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement