Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

looking forward to watching the full game. Containing Ings will be a worry with the form he is in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

If the rumors of McGinn needing pain injections to play are true then I'd rest him for a few games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

El Gazhi has made 3 mistakes already in 2 mins on the edge of his own box.

McGinn is gone I’d say.

mcginn in pain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

McGinn will get his rest now, hope it's not a bad one. Nakamba on.

elgazi shouldnt be in the dugout let alone the pitch

grealish not involved enough for me playing on the left

1-0 Southampton. Ings.

looking forward to watching the full game. Containing Ings will be a worry with the form he is in.

engels slow as a truck and that man again Ings

• Advertisement

This is absolute garbage.

on the rack here, getting cut open at will. Need players to step up but who are our leaders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Shane Long looking as dangerous as Harry Kane against that defence.

Relegation zone/championship performance from Villa.
    Wesley should of done better with an earlier chance.

Absolute garbage so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Both centre halves at fault. Engels too tight and Hause for not covering across when you can see Engels will be done for pace.

Defence is a disgrace.

Why in the **** is El Gazhi marking a centre half?

****e show

luiz got 6 inches off the ground there, el gazi ****ed out of the way, team deserved to get booed off at ht

Dreadful, dreadful half. Mings missed badly.

we should have numbers in the middle with the saints playing 2 up top but they are controlling affairs and dictating play, this is very hard watch

we should have numbers in the middle with the saints playing 2 up top but they are controlling affairs and dictating play, this is very hard watch

They’re first to every loose ball. Villa players getting eased off it all over the pitch.

• Advertisement

Zero presence in the midfield.

Dean Smith is completely out of his depth in this league. His signings, assessment of the squad, tactics and no plan B simply haven't been good enough to date.

Giving him that new contract has proved to be an awful decision so far.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Ok now we are in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Esse85 wrote: »
    Zero presence in the midfield.

Dean Smith is completely out of his depth in this league. His signings, assessment of the squad, tactics and no plan B simply haven't been good enough to date.

Giving him that new contract has proved to be an awful decision so far.
    Hard to disagree based on the evidence served up every week.

Very strange reluctance to shoot in that half. Terrible showing though, especially against a relegation rival.

Think the only reason people aren’t leaving in their droves is it’s f*cking lashing outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Definitely crisis mode now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

We're on a downward curve and that's no good for us. Unless we can suddenly find some belief, we may end up parting ways with Smith. The feeling early in the season was that we were showing some promise and when we gelled, things would be better but we're getting worse instead.

Panrich wrote: »
    We're on a downward curve and that's no good for us. Unless we can suddenly find some belief, we may end up parting ways with Smith. The feeling early in the season was that we were showing some promise and when we gelled, things would be better but we're getting worse instead.

He’s just signed a contract recently. I think the conversation is more of a ‘what can he do to fix it’ one than a ‘who can we get instead’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

Engels - Pathetic
    Guilbert - Shocking
    Targett - Weak
    El Gazi - One useless Chicken**** c#nt as always, seriously how the management reply on him to mark a threat from a corner is just mindboggling, an under 10 girl would out fight him for a ball.
    Douglas Luiz - Absent
    Hourihane - His usual ghost performance in the CM, my as well start the gme with 10 men

This team is going down as the manager can't learn from any mistakes and is incapable of changing things.

Also what does john Terry do for this side? I mean we are so so so bad at defending its nearly laughable, any cross into the box looks like a goal is going to be conceded. He is clearly not a good coach that for sure.

No better team then Villa to wreck a Saturday for you.

• Advertisement

fullstop wrote: »
    Defence is a disgrace.

Why in the **** is El Gazhi marking a centre half?

Couldn't agree more. This shows how poorly the management are recently.

3-0. Ings. All over. Shocking touch from Nakamba.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Another great half time team talk. 0-3

Keep doing the same things and expecting results is the definition of madness

Another early goal conceded after the second half.

Does anyone really feel this manager and these players will keep us up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

Spent a fortune.
    New contract for smith .
    Rot has set in badly now.
    Transfer window and throw money at this or sack smith is only options.
    Wesley has being a disaster and no plan b
    We need a danny ings singing , proven player who can get goals in a bad team .
    I dont care if it goes again age profile , a bit like darren bent saved us a few years ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭tonytiger81

I'm probably in a minority here but I'd be in favour of dropping wesley for a match or two. A striker not scoring is worthless

Wesley has been the best performer for us by a country mile today. You’re all bonkers

CSF wrote: »
    Wesley has been the best performer for us by a country mile today. You’re all bonkers

He's done decent today. Unfortunately his last shot on target was 4 games ago apparently. It just hasn't worked out, he's a guy that always needs service, will rarely work it by himself which hampers a lot. A different type of striker was/is needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Talk of Wesley being dropped is moot, no one there to replace him.

Corholio wrote: »
    He's done decent today. Unfortunately his last shot on target was 4 games ago apparently. It just hasn't worked out, he's a guy that always needs service, will rarely work it by himself which hampers a lot. A different type of striker was/is needed.

He’s won pretty much every duel. It’s not his fault that nobody is around to create for him or get close to link up with him.

Guilbert and El Ghazi having a personal duel for worst individual Premier League performance of all time and people are still discussing Wesley. The mind boggles.

• Advertisement

No goals is why people are discussing Wesley in fairness. No one there today comes out very well at all of course. Wes just isn't threatening enough as a striker throughout most games.

Some goal from Jack.

Corholio wrote: »
    No goals is why people are discussing Wesley in fairness. No one there today comes out very well at all of course. Wes just isn't threatening enough as a striker throughout most games.

Some goal from Jack.

Lewandowski would struggle in this team.

Lewandowski would struggle in this team.

I just think he can do more nearer the box and be more threatening. The team does make chances.

I think the discussion about Wesley is not just based on today's performance, but overall since he's been at the club, and he's been useless, offers no hope, I don't see any potential in him.

What Smith did regarding the strikers was criminal.

He's lost the players, I'd be in favour of sacking him soon with a replacement lined up, do a spurs on it rather than an Arsenal or else we most certainly will be relegated.

It seems John Terry has had little impact either as defensively the team makes the same constant mistakes, which is conceding very soon after half time and not being able to defend a cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭sc86

We are good as down if hes still our main striker in feb

sc86 wrote: »
    We are good as down if hes still our main striker in feb

I’m a lot more worried about El Ghazi, Luiz and the CBs if I’m honest.

We have problems everywhere in this side, i don't see how we fix it with Smith now. Its sad as i really liked him and hs style, but he has zero tactical ability.

El Ghazi at least gets into good positions, he's capable of getting a goal and has proved this, he's anominous most of the game but does get into the box and on the end of things.
    Wesley doesn't, and he's the striker, hence why he takes all the flack, his honeymoon period is well and truly over and he's not scoring, doesn't look like scoring, not assisting anyone else scoring, and that's why £22m was spent on him.

CucaFace wrote: »
    We have problems everywhere in this side, i don't see how we fix it with Smith now. Its sad as i really liked him and hs style, but he has zero tactical ability.

This.

I like the guy, maybe he's too nice, but he's not good enough at this level, blind and inexperienced, he'll take us back down if we persist due to his one way of thinking.

Esse85 wrote: »
    El Ghazi at least gets into good positions, he's capable of getting a goal and has proved this, he's anominous most of the game but does get into the box and on the end of things.
    Wesley doesn't, and he's the striker, hence why he takes all the flack, his honeymoon period is well and truly over and he's not scoring, doesn't look like scoring, not assisting anyone else scoring, and that's why £22m was spent on him.

El Ghazi can barely control a football most of the time. No idea how he still gets minutes. Wesley has just made 3 great layoffs to Kodjia, all of which have been miscontrolled almost instantly.

He is in a position now where he will have to do great just to not be viewed as sh*t.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement