Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Crecches full up

Options
  • 06-02-2017 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

I've been looking for a full time place in a creche for my 3 year old but they are all full up.I am looking in the Dublin 2,4,6,14 areas.Is it possible to find anything at this time of year or will I have to wait until the summer?Any advice would be really appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

Anyone know of any new creches opening anywhere in the above areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

They seem to be filling up because of the ECCE scheme. I got my daughter the last spot in a montessori last week afternoons only. They said they are full for the next 2 years. Have any of the ones you've tried got a waiting list?

They all said they wouldn't have anything available until September.My only hope is to spot a new creche opening and be first in!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,056 ✭✭✭✭neris

its not ecce alone that has them full up. theres been a baby boom in the last year few years and more people are returning to work however in my experience over the last while most creche places been taken now are part time places. Unfortunatly there wont be a big increase in the openings of new creches. suitable premsies are very hard to come by and when found they can be financially unviable for the operator as they will pay the market rents and rates the same as any other business. Im aware of one premises a few years in dublin 2 that was built as a creche but never fitted out and when it was sold the new owners got planniung permission to change it to offices. that particular area has a good mix of residential and commercial with no facilities for children or child care in it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Most of the good ones will be booked up 3/4 years in advance as people are putting their names down for playschool and school at the same time.
    Does it have to be a creche or would a pre-school work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Sleepymissymoo

My little girl is in crèche in D14 and they've said they are pretty much full in all rooms and not taking bookings. Seems to be crazy in south Dublin anyway to get a baby place and particular busy around 3yrs old due to ecce. Our place have a lot of smaller kids part time who then all want 5 mornings when ecce starts.
    Worth putting your name down on waiting lists for few places as things change all the time with ppl moving house/moving to childminders/cutting down to part time etc so places could become available at any time. Haven't heard of any new places opening

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Most of the good ones will be booked up 3/4 years in advance as people are putting their names down for playschool and school at the same time.
    Does it have to be a creche or would a pre-school work?
    He's 3 years old so a montessori would be fine.

Advertisement