Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blocking Snapchat

• 06-02-2017 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭

Hi all. What's the best app or way to block Snapchat on my daughter's android phone. She is 14 but very gullible, easily lead and immature for her age.ive had concerning issues with her use of Snapchat and need to block it until she has a bit more cop on. I've tried a few apps like app block and kids place.but once installed they still let me use the Snapchat app or are easily uninstalled. So kinda pointless.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Is taking the smartphone off her and giving her a non smartphone an option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Ive thought about giving her a basic phone as punishment. God knows kids nowadays can't survive with their pouty lip pictures.We sat her down and tried to explain the bad side of Snapchat, that once a picture is sent it can be screenshot and sent around. In regards to keeping her smartphone she is mad into her musically, and likes to use other apps to keep in contact with her friends via the wi-fi. In turn saving me a fortune on credit. If I can just do something about Snapchat I'll be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Set parental control to maximum on the play store and don't install snapchat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

Even if you can stop her using it on her phone, and that is a big if, then she will still be able to use it on other people's devices.
    Is there any way you can reach a compromise? Unless she agrees with this ban she will be looking for ways around it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

how about applock https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.domobile.applock

dont think it costs anything, so wont harm you to try it.

you could possibly try lock snapchat and play store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭chewed

Is she using your wifi to access SnapChat or does she have her own data allowance on her phone? This is the main issue with teens these days! They have their own phone with their own monthly allowance and can basically access what they want, when they want.

I would say you should just block her from your router or turn the router off when you don't want her on it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I use screentime. The basic setup is free but premium costs.
    I use it to monitor my sons usage and you can block whichever apps you want to.

Advertisement