Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to ballivor

Options
  • 06-02-2017 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Thanks to the increasing of price for renting in Dublin I'm planning to buy an house and move to ballivor
    I'm a single professional working in blancharstown and wonder if no one have any suggestion or exsperience and how Is the area
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

It's really down to personal choice. Too far out for my liking, too small a place, I'd not personally like it but others might be very happy there. It would certainly be a big culture shock moving from Dublin.

Dunshaughlin, Trim etc. are that bit nearer Blanchardstown and certainly easier to get to by car.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Boohoo71

I have friends who would suggest that Trim is a much better place to live, house prices higher but worth the premium. Have visited both areas and would have to agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 babs75

Ugh
    it spound all very negative for what i can see notthing positive on the place?
    heard they have a good community in there
    Anyone from there?

thanks

Babs

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hamstercrusher

Hey Babs, I live there and work in Dublin city center. I lived in Dublin for about 15 years but bought and moved back home as it suited my setup. It depends on what you are looking for its a nice little village with plenty of amenities available on your doorstep like takeaways, shops, pubs, petrol station, health centre, schools etc.

However, as I say, it depends on what you are looking for, it is a village, but places like Trim etc. are about 10-15 mins away which is shorter than a trip into the city centre from blanch.

There is a growing community spirit in the village fired by the new council in there and things are continually improving.

The one major drawback I have to the place is that there is bugger all public transport available apart from 1 bus in the morning and another in the evening and thats it. But, as I say Trim is a short hop away that has buses every hour.

Its a nice place to live I find but as I say, depends on what your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 babs75

Thanks a lot Hamstercrusher, id love a quite surround and a closer community im a bit worry as im Italian and i dont know if it will be easy but sure i will feel less alone than city centre.
    Im glad ypou reply to me

Thanks

babs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭hamstercrusher

Hey Babs,

No problem, anywhere you go it can be hard to break into the locality, but I find its easier if its a smaller community rather than a large city. We locals arent that scary...most of the time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

babs75 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot Hamstercrusher, id love a quite surround and a closer community im a bit worry as im Italian and i dont know if it will be easy but sure i will feel less alone than city centre.
    Im glad ypou reply to me

Thanks

babs

If your Italian then Trim is the place for you.
    I'd say outside of Little Italy in New York there is no greater population of Italians living overseas anywhere in the world than there is in Trim!

Might be a slight exaggeration but there really is loads living in Trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

Ballivor is a decent place to live and obviously it is down to personal choice. For me, I chose it for space and a bigger house than I would get in Trim (which is a lovely town).
    You need a car, as public transport is fairly non existent, but there's great privacy and very good value on houses.
    Maybe try renting in ballivor for a while before you decide on where you'd like to buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭Dickie10

id plus 1 on the Trim and Italian community. im a secondary teacher in the town and theres a few in each class, most are second generation and completely irish sounding now but they have superb, exotic names!

Advertisement