Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert accounting

Options
  • 06-02-2017 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I'm in ty and planning on doing accounting as an extra subject? For those of you that did it was it easy or difficult and did ye like it or not ? Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Clover5360

I did accounting for about a month in 5th year and I hated it. Ended up switching to Art. In accounting there are a whole bunch of formulas you have to learn off by heart and many different types of accounts you must memorise how to do. The higher level is very difficult according to my friends who are currently doing it and ordinary level still isn't easy. The smartest person in my year failed accounting. I wouldn't personally recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 HateTheLC

I'm doing accounting now and find it extremely easy.
    There are 5 accounting students in my class and we are all aiming for H1/H2's.
    The first 6-10 months are hard until you get a grip on whats going on but when you realise whats happening everything becomes a lot clearer and easier. Plus the exam has 9 questions and you only have to answer 5 of them

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Sb567

HateTheLC wrote: »
    I'm doing accounting now and find it extremely easy.
    There are 5 accounting students in my class and we are all aiming for H1/H2's.
    The first 6-10 months are hard until you get a grip on whats going on but when you realise whats happening everything becomes a lot clearer and easier. Plus the exam has 9 questions and you only have to answer 5 of them
    Thanks so much! So it's really not that bad? I'm sure I'll do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Once you put in the work at the beginning it is very easy to get a good grade in accounting.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Sb567

alroley wrote: »
    Once you put in the work at the beginning it is very easy to get a good grade in accounting.

Thanks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Telo123

Its hard for the first few months but after that it gets really easy.A high grade is very achievable

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Telo123

Its hard for the first few months but after that it gets really easy.A high grade is very achievable

Advertisement