Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I be paid

Options
  • 06-02-2017 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi guys,
    Wondering if someone can give me a bit of advice. I resigned from my last job 3 weeks ago and still havent got paid for the week i worked. The company has now gone into examenership and im wondering am i legally entitled to my wages.

I also had 2 weeks paid holidays due to me. Before i left i was told by the manager i could finish on one weeks notice instead of two.

I also worked 9 hours a day but got paid for 8. I brought it up with the manager who said theyd sort it but nothing.

Still no p45 either

Whats my best options? any advice appreciated

Thanks
    LJ7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Focus on job hunting ??
    Or if you have work just move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fullback333

Join a union, and contact the WRC (workers relations centre) in the morning and they will help you out

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fullback333

Join a union, and contact the WRC (workers relations centre) in the morning and they will help you out

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Did the nine hours a day include lunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭mickmac76

Contact your nearest Citizens Information centre, they can advise you on your rights in these situations. It takes quite a while to get any money if the company is gone out of business. You might get statuary redundancy paid by the government. As the above poster said concentrate on looking for a new job and get in contact with the Social Welfare department about your dole payments as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

lethalJB wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Wondering if someone can give me a bit of advice. I resigned from my last job 3 weeks ago and still havent got paid for the week i worked. The company has now gone into examenership and im wondering am i legally entitled to my wages.

I also had 2 weeks paid holidays due to me. Before i left i was told by the manager i could finish on one weeks notice instead of two.

I also worked 9 hours a day but got paid for 8. I brought it up with the manager who said theyd sort it but nothing.

Still no p45 either

Whats my best options? any advice appreciated

Thanks
    LJ7

You'll be ranked and treated as a creditor of the company. Contact the examiner and let him know how much you are owed. Detail it for them. If the company exits examinership you'll get paid. If not (Is liquidated), you may get a % of the money owed (based on what assets the company is left with).

As for joining a union to negotiate with an examiner who is specifically and legally obliged to treat creditors in a prescribed manner... it's pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

mickmac76 wrote: »
    You might get statuary redundancy paid by the government. .

The OP left the company and would not be entitled to redundancy.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

You already had two weeks of holidays built up? Or were they carried over from last year?

Advertisement