Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manor Kilbride

Options
  • 06-02-2017 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hello

Having just begun the process of purchasing a house in Manor Kilbride, i'm just asking for some information in regard to the area

Can anyone tell me if the local pub Mooneys still operates? i've drawn no conclusion from google other than it was used for a race night in December 2016

I like the odd tipple and having a local boozer would be nice :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭obriener2054

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I drive by it occasionally when I'm hiking around the area and have never seen any signs of life, no cars in the car park or lights on. Looks like a bit of a kip anyway.

You do have your very own craft brewery only a stone's throw away from it though ...

http://manorbrewing.com/

Yeah I know the brewery is there, don't think they'll let me in for a couple of quiet ones though lol

I've seen the odd car as I passed and as said they were open in December... might only do functions or weekends... was hopin for a local person to reply really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Afraid not....the owner hasn't been too well and has closed "for the foreseeable future".
    However, there's a really nice pub in Kilteel which is literally just over the hill...better than any of the pubs in Blessington as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Alun wrote: »
    Looks like a bit of a kip anyway.

Pot....kettle....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

exaisle wrote: »
    Pot....kettle....
    ????? Unless it's some puerile reference to where I live?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭ah,sure

It's a damn shame Mooney's being gone, it's a good way to get to know the locals. Most would now drink in Blessington and Bealin's is a 'Kilbride pub' it being owned by Mick Bealin a local man. I've just moved into Kilbride myself though I'm not from far away so would know the area.

yeah thats it, handy to get to know the locals, and can't beet a nice local.. I did meet one neighbour whilst up there, only got the keys a week ago so haven't moved up yet

Head for Craul's shop and introduce yourself - nothing gets past the couple running it, who are nice and friendly, and they'll let you know about any suspicious things to look out for like robberies, cars acting strange, that sort of thing. Welcome to Kilbride

Oh, and learn to avoid bikes - you need to have your wits about you week on week

• Advertisement
Advertisement