Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web development beginner question

Options
  • 06-02-2017 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi this might sound like a stupid question im developing a shopping website for college. I'm making the front end now and doing the backend in Java and MySQL just wondering for every single product do I need to make a checkout page for it and an add to cart page for it? Or do I just need one checkout page and once the backend is done the cart image and description will change to suit whichever product is chosen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bryan123456789

Thanks for the reply, so let's say I have 6 jumpers for sale, my frontend should only consist of one cart page? I thought it would of been 6 cart pages one for each product Witt the image, description and price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

One cart page and your content is inserted dynamically.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bryan123456789

punk_one82 wrote: »
    One cart page and your content is inserted dynamically.

And what about the product details and price for example if I have a hoodies page with all the hoodies shown when I click one and it brings up the price option to add to cart and description is that done dynamically too or do I need each product linked to a description page?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

The info your looking for would be covered under some basic html/Javascript to mysql lessons. A $20 online course 2-4 hour will solve a lot of your problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

W0LFMAN wrote: »
    The info your looking for would be covered under some basic html/Javascript to mysql lessons. A $20 online course 2-4 hour will solve a lot of your problems.

Good advice. Check Code Academy as it's great and free.

There are also some excellent beginner eCommerce books using PHP/MySQL that outline step by step how to put this together.

• Advertisement
Advertisement