Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horsehead Nebula

• 06-02-2017 10:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Good evening all. I spent alot of time over the last week gathering data and learning new processing techniques. Part of that involved learning how to use pixinsight to stack, and some basic processing. I have to admit i found it to be quite a struggle, and counter intuitive. Having said that i think the pre processed stack turned out better than i could ever get with dss.

So this was stacked in pixinsight. Light stretching using an inverted mask and histogram transformation. Saved as tiff and switched to PS. I then did a screen mask invert. Some selective noise reduction to darker areas. Local contrast enhancement and Make stars smaller (noel carboni). Light curves and selective sharpening of brighter areas. I then put the image i saved after using pixinsight as a layer underneath and used the eraser on the bright stars to tone them down a little.

Image is 11hrs in 60 second subs captured using sgpro.

Hope you enjoy and any tips on how to improve most welcome.

Richard.

31909482234_577401d400_z.jpghorsehead 11 hr stretch2 by Richard Sweeney, on Flickr

☀️

Comments

Advertisement