Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skinny Fat Help

• 06-02-2017 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭

I'm 18, 5'6, 155.6 lbs according to my scales and although being fairly skinny I'm packing a bit too much fat.
    Having been back in the gym after a hiatus, I just returned to lifting but I feel that maybe I need to cut some weight before bulking and after researching about Skinny Fat (and watching this video) it kind of seemed like I was just making things worse.

So I'm in a dilemma because everywhere I look has different opinions. One will say don't do too much cardio while another will say do lots of it and I just don't know what do.

I've thought about going for a checkup so I can get my official height, weight, body fat percentage and maybe talking to someone who can help like a dietitian and starting from there but I just don't know. In essence I'm looking to get rid of body fat and get lean. All help is appreciated as I'm getting more and more lost.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Lift heavy weights. Eat clean and be consistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Spend 4 months lifting heavy weights 2-3 times a week, and bang out high intensity cardio (hiit, sprints, mercies) 1-2 times a week.
    Sort out your diet, particularly food quality. Don't try and cut of loads, or eat loads extra. Keep intake moderate.

Review after a few months

Advertisement