Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

women's jacket - what's modal material?

• 06-02-2017 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

I need to get a new jacket.

Currently looking at this one on next

http://ie.nextdirect.com/en/g502094s7#460283

It's made from 54% modal and 46% cotton

What's modal material like? Is it tight fitting? I need something that will give me room in the belly area so nothing tight fitting. The price is right on this jacket too at 39 euro.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Nice jacket!

Can't help you on the modal front, I'm afraid, though.

I'd be tempted by that myself, except I have no clue how Next sizes work - do you know can things be returned to B&M shops if not right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Nice jacket!

Can't help you on the modal front, I'm afraid, though.

I'd be tempted by that myself, except I have no clue how Next sizes work - do you know can things be returned to B&M shops if not right?

I like next. Ordered from them a few times before. I usually buy pants or skirts from Next. Haven't bought a jacket though. I usually look at materials when ordering online. Usually get a good idea about things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Modal is a type of rayon, a regenerated fabric made from wood pulp, a bit like viscose that's made from regenerated cotton etc.
    It's soft and fine and it's better than cotton at 'wicking' moisture off your skin, but cotton is better at holding its shape, so they're often used together to make the most of the benefits of both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

dee_mc wrote: »
    Modal is a type of rayon, a regenerated fabric made from wood pulp, a bit like viscose that's made from regenerated cotton etc.
    It's soft and fine and it's better than cotton at 'wicking' moisture off your skin, but cotton is better at holding its shape, so they're often used together to make the most of the benefits of both.

Thank you so much!
    I've always wondered what "modal" actually WAS.
    I'm familiar with it as a fabric - "modal cotton" -- it behaves pretty much like linen, but firmer: excellent for skirts. Not stiff like tweed, but not floppy like a knit. So should be grand for the OP.

It's a very nice jacket, imo: and Next sizes are usually pretty close to standard, size 12 is a comfortable 12, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

No bother, it's one of the few things I remember from a textile science module in college!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

Ordered the jacket last night a little bit before 10. Next have a 10pm cut off for next day delivery. It came this morning. It's smart casual and I like it a lot. Do have a little bit of trouble pulling the zip over my belly but it fits well and I don't look pregnant in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,556 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ordered the jacket last night a little bit before 10. Next have a 10pm cut off for next day delivery. It came this morning. It's smart casual and I like it a lot. Do have a little bit of trouble pulling the zip over my belly but it fits well and I don't look pregnant in it.
    This is excellent news!

I couldn't resist, and mine has been delivered to the nearest shop and I hope to go and get it today.

Thanks for prompting me to buy yet another thing that I didn't even know I needed!

Advertisement