Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Frost countrywide + Occasional Snow Showers in the East from Thursday 9th Feb

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

When's the last time you held a proper snow ball on low ground? Or when you could stand in snow which would reach your ankle?

March 2013 and December 2010 is the answer to that for most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Rougies wrote: »
    These showers are mocking us now :pac:

We need to move The Island!

lost1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Buffalobill29

MJohnston wrote: »
    We need to move The Island!

lost1.png

Perhaps move it to Hokkaido?

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Will tomorrow bring anything ??? No !

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

NO:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

BBC forecasting light rain for here tomorrow. I think we can forget about this spell at this stage. Our best hope now is for a turn of events later in February or some brief spring time snow in March. My thoughts will soon be turning towards the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Cloudy,no frost,pathetic cold snap, valentines day 2014,had lots of heavy continous snow for about 6 hours here in west Mayo,with a north east breeze,with percipitation moving in off the atlantic,most the country was oblivious though.anyone got any data or charts for that day???

Quite saddening to think just a few hours ago, there was a glimmer of hope for tomorrow

Looks to be another blob over the Irish Sea , another one that will fade

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Keep it up lads, the negativity seems to be aiding convection.

****ing **** cold spell. The Irish Sea is ****. Everybody on boards.ie is full of ****. Computer models are ****. Scientists haven't a clue. Meterologists are **** AND haven't got a clue. Mountain snow is ****. Ireland is ****. **** everything. Winds are ****. Air is a joke. Weather is for babies. My table is broken. **** is **** and pathetic can't even ionto Finland and my brother is there and told me ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

Rougies wrote: »
    Keep it up lads, the negativity seems to be aiding convection.

****ing **** cold spell. The Irish Sea is ****. Everybody on boards.ie is full of ****. Computer models are ****. Scientists haven't a clue. Meterologists are **** AND haven't got a clue. Mountain snow is ****. Ireland is ****. **** everything. Winds are ****. Air is a joke. Weather is for babies. My table is broken. **** is **** and pathetic can't even ionto Finland and my brother is there and told me ****.

I'll have a vowel, please Carol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mc Jakester

Snowing here now, dublin airport..
    Very light shower...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Doctor Shivering

Quite a loud fall of hail/snowy stuff here in South Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Would it not be easier and more hassle free if we just geographically engineered the weather so it snowed heavy for 6 months of the year in all parts of Ireland? Both low and high altitude and inland and coastal. I think everybody would be happier then.

You are joking? The country was at a standstill in 2010 .... Far better the way it is now...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Long cold night on a bleak bare moonlit mountain.... West Co Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

D9Male wrote: »
    Do you not get tired of posting these threads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Doctor Shivering

Quite a blob exiting N Wales now heading wsw for possibly S Dublin,but definitely Wicklow and Wexford
    Be interesting to see how it develops

Meanwhile EastcoastRyan see attached :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Is it Snowing over Tallaght direction now?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Quite a blob exiting N Wales now heading wsw for possibly S Dublin,but definitely Wicklow and Wexford
    Be interesting to see how it develops

Meanwhile EastcoastRyan see attached :D

Rain for most methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭secman

Is it Snowing over Tallaght direction now?

No, and hopefully not, heading for a spin on the bike shortly out to Blessington

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Has it snowed or even has there been frost anywhere since Thursday?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Yes on both counts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Yes on both counts.

Frost countrywide?

Frost countrywide?

No, but you did ask 'anywhere'.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Light snow on and off most of yesterday here. I suspect the Wicklow mountains are going to get blasted this afternoon and night.
    Edit - snowing here now again.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Snowing glencullen now very lightly but dark clouds

• Registered Users Posts: 9,407 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Very light dusting on the cars and grass over night here near roundwood. Raining now though at 230ish asl

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Any snow due to hit Dublin today ?

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Heavy snizzle

2.3C DP -1.3C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭onmebike

A growing blob of precipitation heading across the Irish Sea towards Dublin/Wicklow/Wexford. In Lucan, I'm seeing a temp of 0.7 and a DP of -3.0. If those figures stayed, would that mean it would fall as snow (should the trajectory be right)? I'm guessing the front edge of that should hit our coast by around 10:00 - 10:30.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement