Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Frost countrywide + Occasional Snow Showers in the East from Thursday 9th Feb

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Was at the meath game in navan today and iv'e never felt so cold, cloudy breezy and wet along with it, home now in front of a big roaring fire while its lashing rain outside

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Starting to snow on my mountain here in Sligo, mix of large and tiny flakes, 1.1C. dp.-4.9C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Snowing all day since 1pm with us. Temps between 0.0C and 0.5C. It's only sticking a little in the highest fields. A degree or so lower and we would have had a fair fall.

My dad's month's mind today and the wind in the graveyard was cutting us all in two:)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Any chance of the rain turning to snow in Dublin at lower levels as the temps lower overnight ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Any chance of the rain turning to snow in Dublin at lower levels as the temps lower overnight ?

not a chance, temps will be rising through the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

Was at a thing in Laragh there and was heading home to blessington direction over the mountain above Glendalough. Had to come back down. Road is impassible to all except possibly 4x4's with the snow up there. Had to come back the long way round. Stormy sleet near blessington now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

He said for inland it could be not for the West or east

So, contradiction?

My point was, the forecast weather didn't come, sad enough, but it didnt, and I will express my sadness and move on. Even up to the spell I was hoping for a nice severe frost, but thanks to cloud cover that didn't happen.

You know it's getting bad when me and Clonmel agree:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭squarecircles

going by netweather radar,it appears to be snowing inland across mayo and galway, sleet here at the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dry in castlebar despite the radar showing precipitation over head.

Nice to see the more favoured areas are getting the snow finally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Computer says snow, lamp post says no.
    East Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭Comhrá

nagdefy wrote: »
    Snowing all day since 1pm with us. Temps between 0.0C and 0.5C. It's only sticking a little in the highest fields. A degree or so lower and we would have had a fair fall.

My dad's month's mind today and the wind in the graveyard was cutting us all in two:)

My sympathy to you and family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Doctor Shivering

There's about 15cms at the top of the road between Glenmalure and Aughavanagh co Wicklow
    First pic is at the top of the road
    2nd is cars getting stuck and being pushed in the blizzard
    bRYiYoM.jpg

rCmPsPK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

[IMG][/img]DSCN4686.jpg

[IMG][/img]DSCN4684.jpg

[IMG][/img]DSCN4688.jpg

[IMG][/img]DSCN4687.jpg

10 min from M50 D16 go find the snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

Just started snowing heavily here on the Longford Cavan border, didn't expect this tonight.

Very light Drizzle in West Clare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Military road earlier..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Nothing but bitter cold and rain in Kikenny

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

There's about 15cms at the top of the road between Glenmalure and Aughavanagh co Wicklow
    First pic is at the top of the road
    2nd is cars getting stuck and being pushed in the blizzard
    bRYiYoM.jpg

rCmPsPK.jpg

No disrespect there Dr. S but are you sure that wasn't a typo. Did you mean 15mm instead of the 15cm you said, cause it looks a lot more like 15mm in those photo's than 15cm. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Good to see some got the snow they yearned after.... Not been outside yet and very dark and bitter cold out there.

Fine family on those photos and a lot of snow...

West Co Galway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

With milder air now pushing up from the south, I think this thread has run it's course!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement