Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ Investigates HSE

Options
  • 06-02-2017 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭

Is anyone watching this?

I am actually angry at the level of incompetence shown and the suffering that these poor people have endured. The return on investment that the HSE provides is a disgrace. :mad:

Comments

It's horrific ....feel so upset and angry . Cried a few times already watching this .. for the little boy with spin bifida, the lovely lady who can barely walk with pain ,
    the 37 year old crippled with period pains day in day out , poor Megan in Limerick . Shocking and shameful .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Waiting List. Pre-waiting list, Pre-Planned waiting list. Oh sweet Jesus!!
    The only thing being managed is the metrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭emo72

Can't believe there is no more replies to this thread. Is there another thread in a different forum. This is one of our biggest disasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Melodeon

There's a thread over on After Hours:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057702893

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Waiting lists for people in this country are so beyond unacceptable it's not funny. I'd like to hope something will be done, but there have been far too many empty promises... especially for kids. It was so difficult to watch those poor kids in agony just waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

emo72 wrote: »
    Can't believe there is no more replies to this thread. Is there another thread in a different forum. This is one of our biggest disasters.
    Sorry, don't watch TV.
    Also, cruddy as it is, it's common knowledge.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I don't watch these things to be honest. I know what the problems are. I've some idea of what might be needed to fix it .We hear the same headlines every year. We lurch from one horror story (like this), generating acres of newsprint and discussion, til it dies down next week and another one rears it's head next month. It's terrible and nothing ever changes. I have no hope of anyone in power ever doing anything about it other than patch-up solutions here and there as the headlines rage. The events of the last 8 years or so from the boom, to the bust, to the bailout, to the cuts, to the spending in the last two budgets and to the creeping back towards arranging the housing markets to make profits for developers again, to the same politicians doing the same merry-go-round through the same Ministerial posts elected by an electorate who clearly have complete and total amnesia at every election - I have zero faith in anything in this country anymore. As much because of who is in charge, as because of the fact that, to be honest, when it comes to the crunch, most people actually turn down any idea that might be different or might help change the situation.

I think this article sums up the situation very succinctly and is quite close to my own thoughts.

http://www.stephenkinsella.net/2017/01/09/why-cant-we-fix-healthcare/

But try explaining to people why it would be worth it in the long run to get rid of health insurance and publicise the system (with a larger tax contribution)....try getting consultants to agree to a public OR private system, not both....try thinning out the layers of management, or closing small hospitals or changing anything from exactly how it is now....it will never happen. In my lifetime anyway.

Sorry to be so totally cynical, but I've seen nothing in the years that I've been tuned into public affairs to suggest otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭edireland

Anyone had my experience of been treated 6 time by a HSE physiotherapist and just given hand outs.
    A told it's best practice as it's proven the exercise is the only best long term solution.
    I got no manipulation at all.
    When I complained I was told I been doing this for years and even have private practice.

Advertisement