Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannondale CAAD12 - anyone own one?

Options
  • 06-02-2017 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭

Thinking of upgrading from my CAAD10 which has been a brilliant bike but becoming a little frayed at the edges. Looking at the CAAD12 which got wonderful reviews. Anyone own one or can recommend a similar bike for a similar price - around €1500?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Ive a caad 12, picked it up in november, 2017 model....absolutely love it...shipped off an canyon aeroad for it!

Took awhile to get used to the look of the straight top tube, not typically racey looking....but it has grown on me, and the looks like a thing of beauty!!

Rides awesome!!

Never owned a caad 10 or any other cannondale before so I cant compare in that regard!

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭bsb1971

@Irish Raven - did you buy the disc brake version? How did you find them for sizing? I'm also thinking about the CAAD 12 through the BTW scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Fireball XL5

Proud owner of a 2016 Caad 12 disc size 54 here.

I ordered it from bunnyhop.de and even managed to negotiate a reasonable discount on the online price in an exchange e mails. I was concerned about the sizing as I already own a comfortable 54 cm titanium. I looked carefully at the dimensions provided on the Cannondale website and they matched the dimensions on my current bike fairly closely. It is a perfect fit and a lovely ride if somewhat stiffer than the titanium. Personally I prefer the geometry of bikes that have a straight rather than angled top tube and the Caad 12 falls into this category.

Unfortunately I can't compare it to a carbon frame as I have never owned one. Very nice bike though. I subsequently replaced the stock wheels with Mavic Ksyrium disc wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Alanbt

I have a CAAD12 frameset that I will be building up over next few months. Obviously haven't ridden it yet but looks and feel real quality.

Have a Cannondale Synapse which is great so have high expectations for the 12

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

bsb1971 wrote:
    @Irish Raven - did you buy the disc brake version? How did you find them for sizing? I'm also thinking about the CAAD 12 through the BTW scheme.

I bought the non disc ultegra version. Super smooth looking....got a proper bike fit, so changed out stem for a longer one. I ordered a 54. Im 5"10/11 so in between a 54 and 56...ive had both sizes in previous bikes. The caad looks big because of the straight top tube, and also the stand over height is tall....very similar to cervelo in sizing. Shes a beauty, you will not be disappointed!

I see cannondale have uppered their prices too....and fairly considerable at that....couple of hundred euro they've increased recently!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭sin_26

Just make sure that it is 2017 one. Cannondale has problem with smaller frames in terms of geo. They change it for 2017 range. In fact if rode 52cm one and somehow i couldnt find proper fit as opposed to my 52cm caad10.
    All in all... As an owner of caad10 and caad12 ive sold latter one. Hard to explain but i had so much fun when rode caad10 compared to caad12.
    Caad12 is great bike and if you want to join aluminati club go ahead but if you have caad10 already i would say that there is no point unless you have money to burn.

Cheers

Advertisement