Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Dryer Voltage Adaption?

Options
  • 07-02-2017 3:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I was gifted a hair dryer from the USA but the voltage (125V) is incorrect for use in Ireland (it isn't dual voltage).
    Voltage adapters are pretty expensive given that the hair dryer is 2000 watts.
    Could an electrician switch over the voltage somehow? I have no idea. Feels like such a waste on an expensive hair dryer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

I was gifted a hair dryer from the USA but the voltage (125V) is incorrect for use in Ireland (it isn't dual voltage).
    Voltage adapters are pretty expensive given that the hair dryer is 2000 watts.
    Could an electrician switch over the voltage somehow? I have no idea. Feels like such a waste on an expensive hair dryer!

Unfortunately using a transformer is the only way to get it to work safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Plenty of 2,000W hair dryers on Power City for under €20.

This is a total no-brainer, junk the US model i.e. sling it in the recycling bin next time you're in an electrical shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 roseviolet95

Thanks a lot.
    I won't throw it out since it cost €80 - I'll sell it online.

Advertisement